View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Brilliant! What a neat item! "Bad Boy Pants" - - these may be an alternative to the zip-tie/castration route - thanks for that SB
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh my sisters dogs do this and it really gets her down at times they do it anywhere they can get - on her frill at the bottom of the bed, on her kitchen cupboards. They are old dogs, one at 12, two at 10 and the bichon who is two this year. She has 3 dogs and two bitches (the bitches are fine) and they have all been castrated or spayed when they were young.

Benji did this once. I didn't used to allow him upstairs and one day a plumber came to mend my broken shower and we were talking at the top of the stairs and all of a sudden Benji came up and lifted his leg and weed on my bedroom door I was horrified cos he had never done this before. Anyway I told him to get back downstairs which he did and the plumber said it was because there was a strange person upstairs which I suppose was true - I think he was just telling me that if the mans scent could be up there then why not his This was the only time he has ever done this though thank goodness.

Hope you find a solution soon Vicki
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Murph did this a few times when we got Macey ..I told him off big time ( voice only sort of ''how dare you'' stuff ) he didn't do it many times lol

Just a thought..do you think he's chancing his arm type thing ?? ..sort of if things are settled maybe discipline has slackened a bit ?? you know like when you give the kids an inch -they take the yard and then you have to rein them back in
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Could be pushing his luck, I suppose. He wants to watch it though - the consequences could be dire
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Have just had a chat with the vet who strongly recommends castration, not only to stop this behaviour, but also to avoid testicular and prostate cancer in later life.

He says Len has started doing this because he has become sexually mature... he has started taking more of an interest in Roxy, even though she's been spayed.

So, Lennon's up to the vet next Tuesday for his "bricking" - bless.......

Not sure how I feel about this......... sad or glad???
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 05:53 PM
My old german shep x does this if he gets the chance, and he was castrated years ago.

I can't shout at him to stop because he can't hear me so i just use a spray bottle with bleach in it to clean it up
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2