View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I am not a dog expert - but April used to scratch her tummy like mad until she was raw - changed vets and the new lady used homeopathic tabs to combat her sensitivity to pollen and grass seed it didn’t cure her completely but it helped - having said that I do not know the full story so I may be way off beem
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks Tirnanog, I will mention that to the vet when we go tomorrow night
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Foxy, have you followed that link I gave you for food? The reason I ask is that you've tried everything else, so trying this wouldn't be anything major BUT BUT BUT - Pip has had no re occurance of the 'you know what' since he was changed over AND he has had his booster jabs (which was another one of our thoughts, remember?)
It's gotta be worth a look Foxy, dontcha think?
Good Luck, H xx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Foxy, have you followed that link I gave you for food? The reason I ask is that you've tried everything else, so trying this wouldn't be anything major BUT BUT BUT - Pip has had no re occurance of the 'you know what' since he was changed over AND he has had his booster jabs (which was another one of our thoughts, remember?)
It's gotta be worth a look Foxy, dontcha think?
Good Luck, H xx

Hiya Ashlady - I have just changed him to naturediet and Jwb lamb and rice again last week and tried to give him nothing else at all but he is scratching worse than ever which makes me think that rice is one of the things he is allergic to. Do you know whether the food you recommended has Potato or rice or corn in because these are three of the ingredients that seem to make him worse. I think I will send away for a bag to try because we have tried everything else.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Rice! BUT - go take a look - please - You know me well enough to know that I am impressed by very little, I certainly wouldn't suggest something I wasn't 150% happy with

http://naturaldogfoodcompany.com/

Also, why don't you get in touch and speak to someone there and explain about Benji - they are very good

Quote from the site......
We welcome owners wanting to discuss nutrition and other matters concerning holistic management with a veterinary surgeon. The free friendly helplines may be very busy at certain times, but you may leave a message which will be responded to promptly.

Please give your details clearly and repeat your contact number slowly twice at the end of the message.

We encourage e-mail enquiries, which will usually be responded to live ‘on-line’

Free telephone helpline enquiries - 01252 843282

Free e-mail helpline enquiries tech.help@bahnm.org.uk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for that link mate, I think i might try that food with Georgie too, it's gotta be worth a try
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Thanks for that link mate, I think i might try that food with Georgie too, it's gotta be worth a try
H, you could do with at least emailing them with Georgies' past and see what response you get. You remember Pips last 'episode' - the whole of one side of his face was a sea of puss and inflamation, I would do anything for him not to go through that again, and touch wood, since the food change (from what was a supposed 'natural' food anyway).......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, you've been very lucky with the response you've had for pip with this food, and that's why I'm thinking of giving it a try, coz the more I can do to eleviate his problems the better, even though he's not too bad at the moment. I will e-mail them with his history and see what they suggest too You never know, they might even have a suitable low fat food for Cassie, so I might mention both dogs? I'll get back to you on it, but thanks mate
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2