View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2006, 10:01 AM
You could tell it where the drivers are IE your cd drive.

What modem are you using that wanadoo have sent you? Cause you could do it another way.

Go to the manufatures site and download it off there install the drivers (they should install into the win 32 folder on your hardrive thats where all the drivers are kept in windows). Then run the install again thern it should find them when you tell it to search or it detects the modem when inserted into the USB port.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2006, 10:10 AM
We had a hell of a time setting ours up too although we got there in the end. Have you definitely put the phone filter on at the wall where your phone plugs in? We don't use the wanadoo speedtouch now cos we got a router. We also bought a longer better wire than that wispy thing that wanadoo gives you.
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Have you definitely put the phone filter on at the wall where your phone plugs in? .
Hi Foxy, no didn't do that as following steps on cd and hadn't got as far as that bit.
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Have confirmed my details with wanadoo tech. sup. but they haven't replied as yet. Going to uninstall my current modem tomorrow to see if that is conflicting with the new one. Will also see if we can download drivers from internet. This is becoming a real pain in the a**.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Hiya - you need to put your phone filters on as other wise the modem doesn't get a signal down the line -the filter splits it in two one bit for the modem and one for the broadband ..also if you've got Sky plugged into the phone socket make sure the filter is 'infront' of the Sky plug ( nearest the socket )
Good luck - hope you get it sorted soon

Just a thought when the install wizard opens ( I can't remember exactly what options it gives ) you are clicking 'save' and not ' run'
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Just to let you know, gave up on that computer (my dads old one) and thought we'd go back to my old one that had so called been fixed. Broadband loaded straight away no probs, was so pleased then within 3 minutes the screen, mouse, and keyboard completetly froze. Resulted in me having to switch the computer off. This has happened on every attempt. This was not what the original problem was with my computer. This is my 3rd attempt on Dogweb so trying to type quickly before it freezes. Dad is now going to completely re- format his old computer and start from scratch. Just feel totally doomed with this and that a lot of hours the last few days have been completely wasted.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
How old is the computer? Does the usb port work? ie test it with a different usb device, such as a usb printer.

Can u still use the old modem? or access the web? if so you might want to get the latest drivers from here http://speedtouch.com/support.htm and run them instead... and then set up the conenction details manually... the number to dial for broadband is zero, 0

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2