Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Thanks for your thoughts Murphy, Linda and Wuffle, points all taken on board. I guess I already knew the answer - you guys have just reiterated what was being thought - so thank you for your honesty.

HiMinky, you didn't have to edit out your thoughts, you were entirely within your right to give your opinion even if it did differ from others I do appreciate what you said.

x
It's ok, I was redoing them, I think the others, on reflection, are right - a true friend would have done that I'm obviously far too fogiving in the morning before I've had caffeine LOL
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 12:33 PM
I reckon it's all of Paul McKenna's positive thinking in the morning that's doing it for you

Speaking of which did you weigh yourself yesterday for the big weigh in? I did, I've lost weight but gained it from when I weighed myself 2 weeks ago - so yes his system worked, and yes I've been a bit slack in the last week - not taking the time to chew long enough and I have been caught hungry which hasn't helped
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah must be ha ha ha
I have lost a total of 7lbs over the last 3 weeks, which is good for me. I watched the show last night and was impressed with everyone's weight loss. A lot more than mine

Persevere, if it works for you then it should continue to. Remember what Paul says, if you slip up, just carry on where you left off
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-01-2006, 04:35 PM
To quote a friend of mine, when a mutual acquaintance was being an ass to her:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Similar thing happened to me, "college girl accidentally gets up the duff, friends ditch her, 4 years later want to rekindle friendship..."

I think they probably realised, when the *superficial friends* cr@pped on them, what a good friendship they had lost with you, maybe they are truly sorry, but as the saying goes, trust takes a long time to earn, but only a second to loose...

As for my case, I go out with these people now and then, but back then we were like family, will never have that back again, I just couldn't trust them....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Yup, I'd keep them at arms length too - true friends wouldn't have done this to you. You deserve better people in your life that you can really call your friends.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Good quote Rich!

Sorry to hear it happened to you as well Random.

Think you are 100% right for sure Ozzysmum.

It's truly sad they conned them for sure, but I think they'll live their lives running as they are chasing the dollar, its value and all it attracts, and haven't considered the kinder things in this life.

I think the saddest part was to see my old friend who is a nurse with her lovely compassionate heart from everything she has had to see throughout her career, change from this, into a person who became materialistic, vain and conceited - that was the hardest thing to watch.

Still we choose our own routes don't we, for better or worse. I reckon things are pretty good for OH and I so why change it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I too reckon that they were never "real" friends to begin with. "Friends" don't do this kind of thing.......back away and keep them at arms length. No more, no less. It's a hard lesson for them to learn but .....
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-01-2006, 11:46 PM
If I were in your position I could not under any circumstances take the former friends back into the "body of the Kirk". But then my greatest failing (and they are manifest) is an inability to forgive or forget a personal slight. I wish it were otherwise.

Anyway, you'll know in your heart which is the best path for you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2