View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:20 AM
When my son first left home he hardly kept in touch sometimes we didn`t hear from him for weeks. My daughter on the other hand is round almost every day. I think it is quite normal, but can be upsetting, I dont think they realise how hurtful it can be if they dont keep in touch. Having said that my son is now 28 years old and he always gives us a ring at least three times a week and drops in for dinner now and again.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:32 AM
My brother doesnt contact our mum very often either.. Or me for that matter... So it sounds like its perfectly normal
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I never see my son either and we live in the same house He is just in his room all the time and only appears when he is hungry or thirsty. He has actually got out of his room today and gone to the pictures with his friends When he leaves home (if he ever does ) then I don't think I will be seeing him very often either. Yes I think its a male thing Brandiesnap I would tell your mother not to worry about it
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 06:29 PM
im the only girl in my family i have 3 brothers , i go shopping with her etc wheres there all got there own lives so i think it a male thing we talk girl stuff and i cant imagine any of my brothers going bra shopping with her
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks everyone I've told my mum what you've all said and she's very relieved. I suppose they just don't realise how hurtful it is to not get in touch
Finers crossed I'll have daughters
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
Thanks everyone I've told my mum what you've all said and she's very relieved. I suppose they just don't realise how hurtful it is to not get in touch
Finers crossed I'll have daughters

Yes but you pay for it in a different way then
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Don't get me started on Son's Ha!ha! At least today I am laughing!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Guilty as charged-sorry ma!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 07:16 PM
My 22 year old son left home in October, he has a beautiful cottage by the sea, at least 3 times a week he comes home!!I took him home today, and ended up doing his dishes and washing!!!I seem to spend more time with him now than I did when he lived here!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Aww, poor you sweep (((hugs)))

Sounds like you have it good Moli I guess there is always an exception, and everyone is different. There is hope then

And Steve :smt018 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021

It is my mum's birthday in April, so hopefully I have time to nag him to get in touch
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2