Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tara_G
Is a rabbit/guinea pig shampoo ok to use? I haven't got round to buying a dog shampoo yet but Ellie went nextdoor yesterday to play with their dogs and had great fun rolling in the mud with them and I had the rabbit shampoo to hand as I use it on my rats, so used it on her. It's made her coat lovely and shiny and soft, the shampoo isn't fragranced or coloured and is supposed to be very gentle, doesn't strip the coat or leave any residue behind.
Tara I must confess I had no idea there were shampoos for Rabbits but I am sure it will be fine to use until you can buy a dog shampoo.
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2005, 12:21 AM
The PH value is different as has been said already. Being a hairdresser I know that even some shampoos for humans arer ubbish. Johnstones baby Shamoo is good for dogs and anything that does nor strip the coat of the natural oils. Choose s dog shampoo with Aloe Vera or something gentle always followed by a conditioner .
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 11:34 AM
we were given a dog shampoo from the vets as china went through a flaky stage...we went back again as it didnt work adn the vets said get some anti dandruff....cihna swears by asda's anti dandruff shampoo with aloe vera...she smell sooooo nice and her coat is soooo soft and shiny....

alexxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2