View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Leo I`ve seen an elderly woman in the lab ring with her chair sitting down

She had probs with her legs & you know how long you gotta stand round till the judge gets to your dog, so she sat down waiting for him but still managed to take dog into ring, trot round with him & take him back to bench They don`t give up at all & just do what they gotta do age doesn`t stop em
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 12:44 PM
i think age is besides the point - if she;d been a spritely 20 something i'd have been shocked by it! what a cheek!

We never had our dogs 'wanted' like that - though plenty of people have told us our dogs are 'crap' - nice eh?

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 01:13 PM
it doesnt matter what other ppl think of our dogs. as long as you love them for what they are its all that counts.
i can understand how you feel i would be angry as well if some one though i would just give my dog away but at the same time its a complement. out of all the dogs at the show she wanted yours.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I agree with the others about the age thing...and definitely with leo...

Originally Posted by leo
it doesnt matter what other ppl think of our dogs. as long as you love them for what they are its all that counts.
i can understand how you feel i would be angry as well if some one though i would just give my dog away but at the same time its a complement. out of all the dogs at the show she wanted yours.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 01:35 PM
oh do i get some brownie points mys? lol
i don't care what others say about my dogs, i know you feel the same.
my dogs..... my family simple.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:42 PM
it's nice when someone comes over to compliment your dog but unnerving when they get so pushy! I can remember standing outside a shop in whitby with my older brother and our two labs (I was about 9!) when a gamekeeper came over and asked us about their lines etc. (one drakeshead one sandringham) he then offered us £1500 for the pair! we laughed and said he wouldn't want them anyway as they were both neutered and gun shy - he said it was a shame he couldn't use them at stud but he'd get them over being gun shy (this is the dog that had a firework thrown at him as a pup so you can imagine how scared he was of bangs!) we told him NO they're our dogs but he kept pushing until our parents came out of the shop and told him to p**s off! ... like you this is the reason we always say no to catalouges - they dont normally have them at agility etc. but at crufts and the summer champs they do I think they're a bad idea!
Hazel xxx
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh no Jessica... That title scared the beejeesus out of me...

But how cheeky of her!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
it's nice when someone comes over to compliment your dog but unnerving when they get so pushy! I can remember standing outside a shop in whitby with my older brother and our two labs (I was about 9!) when a gamekeeper came over and asked us about their lines etc. (one drakeshead one sandringham) he then offered us £1500 for the pair! we laughed and said he wouldn't want them anyway as they were both neutered and gun shy - he said it was a shame he couldn't use them at stud but he'd get them over being gun shy (this is the dog that had a firework thrown at him as a pup so you can imagine how scared he was of bangs!) we told him NO they're our dogs but he kept pushing until our parents came out of the shop and told him to p**s off! ... like you this is the reason we always say no to catalouges - they dont normally have them at agility etc. but at crufts and the summer champs they do I think they're a bad idea!
Hazel xxx
I can see what you mean there!...It is lucky that Jessica's phone number wasn't entered and that the woman doesn't know where they come from...I'm sure she wouldn't have followed anything up, but you don't know...

Having someone approach you where you live, knowing your dogs where abouts must have been quite worrying...

I agree with not putting any details in these catalogue thingies for these reasons that's for certain.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:57 PM
How on earth did this thread manage to turn into being about elderly people showing dogs?! I meant that Chloe was a pet dog in the way that she is not as obedient as she should be If she sees a rabbit or something in the distance she's going for it no matter who's on the end of the lead!! The two pups are much better behaved from her from being taught manners in the show ring i think

But.. She did follow it up as much as calling the show secretary myschievous so if she'd had our number im sure she'd have phoned It annoyed me more than anything as this woman seemed really put out that we said no to her taking Chloe! As if she was doing us a favour!! Still, we'll probably never see her again, i hope!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I meant following it up as in making it more than a phone call Like dog napping or something

Regarding the age thing...I guess this from Zoundz sums it up and age to me would have been neither here nor there ...

Originally Posted by Zoundz
i think age is besides the point - if she;d been a spritely 20 something i'd have been shocked by it! what a cheek!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >