View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:07 PM
That was awful for you Hayley, I know some Farmers can be like that. I am so lucky where I live, the Farmer is great, he often stops and talks to my girls...His attitued is there is good and bad in all breeds, and as long as the dogs behave he has no problems with any of them....
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Blimey Hailey-not had a good day then...

Anyway,please dont think all farmers or landowners are the same cause i use several fields for doggie walking and none of them have ever said anything negative about either Abe or Vegas.The only time anything was ever said to me was when i was just about to go into a particular field with Abe and a car stopped beside me.Bloke inside just said "best keep your dog on the lead as i've got cattle in there".

I thanked him for telling me and just went in keeping Abe on lead.

What you should have done was to agree with everything he said as this would have wound him up better!

hey steve this was the other day but trust me not a good day today at all!
but anyways i dont tar them all with the same brush but i have 4 farms were i live and each farmer is the same! maybe just my lick i live in such a place where its like that!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
That was awful for you Hayley, I know some Farmers can be like that. I am so lucky where I live, the Farmer is great, he often stops and talks to my girls...His attitued is there is good and bad in all breeds, and as long as the dogs behave he has no problems with any of them....
Good farmer to have around
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
your famers sound a dream lol!

thanxs
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I must be living in another country :smt017 I dont know of any farmers acting like that or having those feelings.... Oh wait I am
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:20 PM
What a horrible experience and what an idiot this guy sounds. So sorry you had this happen.

As a quick aside, we were at the vets the other day and a young guy brought in a staffy. The staffy saw Loki and immediately started snarling so the guy took him outside. Now I don't for one second think this is a staffy thing, a lab around here does the same thing and two JR's always attack Loki. I should add Loki's beloved friend, and the first adult dog he ever met, is a staffy, a lovely bitch that lives around here. I was impressed that the young guy just calmly dealt with the situation.

What really annoyed me was this woman who came out with a young boxer whose leg was in plaster. Not only did she keep yanking the poor thing because it was trying to get the plaster off but she insisted on speaking in an ultra-loud voice - you know the type - and when someone else came from seeing a vet she informed them LOUDLY that there was a dog outside that didn't like other dogs AND he was a STAFF! Stupid ignorant woman! I was almost having to be held back

I can't complain at all about the farmer at the back of us. He's put up with a young Loki running through his field barking at his horses, hoping for a game and winding his dogs up and never said a word. That was totally my fault and hasn't happened since - I couldn't get into the field and was shouting and shouting to my deaf-eared dog and I was terrified about what the farmer might do but he did nothing.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:20 PM
lol i thought then but u r then i read u r! but u own a lab hun so u be fine down where i live! its breedism!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
hey steve this was the other day but trust me not a good day today at all!
but anyways i dont tar them all with the same brush but i have 4 farms were i live and each farmer is the same! maybe just my lick i live in such a place where its like that!
This afternoon i took Vegas to fields next to river and always try to look into the distance when entering for any cattle which maybe in there.After 20 minutes of shouting at Vegas to stop eating cow pats-i noticed a massive herd of cows (i really need to wear my glasses more often).

I honestly never saw them until i was 100ft away and it was only when one stood up it caught my attention! The farmer who owns this land & herd is a nice bloke who will drive over for a chat when he's nearby.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:26 PM
hey steve hes also sonds like dream farmer lol!

u must wear ur glasses
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
What a horrible experience and what an idiot this guy sounds. So sorry you had this happen.

As a quick aside, we were at the vets the other day and a young guy brought in a staffy. The staffy saw Loki and immediately started snarling so the guy took him outside. Now I don't for one second think this is a staffy thing, a lab around here does the same thing and two JR's always attack Loki. I should add Loki's beloved friend, and the first adult dog he ever met, is a staffy, a lovely bitch that lives around here. I was impressed that the young guy just calmly dealt with the situation.

What really annoyed me was this woman who came out with a young boxer whose leg was in plaster. Not only did she keep yanking the poor thing because it was trying to get the plaster off but she insisted on speaking in an ultra-loud voice - you know the type - and when someone else came from seeing a vet she informed them LOUDLY that there was a dog outside that didn't like other dogs AND he was a STAFF! Stupid ignorant woman! I was almost having to be held back

I can't complain at all about the farmer at the back of us. He's put up with a young Loki running through his field barking at his horses, hoping for a game and winding his dogs up and never said a word. That was totally my fault and hasn't happened since - I couldn't get into the field and was shouting and shouting to my deaf-eared dog and I was terrified about what the farmer might do but he did nothing.
Stupid ignorant woman - i feel sorry for her poor pooch having a mum like that!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »