View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, they've started here as well, absolute nightmare. Thankfully Cassie isn't too bothered by them!

Gordon, your story should be a lesson to everyone. They should never sell them to the public and have only organised displays. The sooner they ban them the better.
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes your right Jackie,
Maybe i should right a book, might have to get someone to help we with the spelling haha
I have quiet alot to storys! Mis-spent youth!! hehe
I must be getting old too, cos we are looking for a new car, and what did we look at?????? yes a bloody Freelander, a family car!! i cant wait till my Mid life crisses!! hahaha
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
they have bin going off here for last 2 weeks
more tonight tho
i totally agree ban all sales of frieworks
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeeeeeowch Spike, that's certainly something you'd only ever do once!!

The old fella is curled up asleep on the cushion on the footstool, not the slightest bit bothered. He probably can't hear them as well as he used to!

Harry and Heather are shut in their shed, they have each other and don't seem to get too freaked out. Dudley is sitting on my lap at the moment so I am bending round to the laptop to my side (makes a change, it's usually the old fella!) and Dudley's soon-to-be-girlfriend is in a kitchen in Leicester at present!

Woo!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 08:19 PM
We've already had them every night since last week-end, even on Monday night we had a load of them - Why??? Monday night?? Poor Cassie is hiding underneath my pc desk sitting on my feet shaking like a leaf as I type this, they are pretty horrendous tonight.

When I went into the papershop in the village this morning, the man in front of me was buying a load, so me being the gobby person that I am, blurted out, "they should be banned" to which the shop owner retorted, well we've got to earn a living somehow, so we have to sell what we can. He said his two dogs were terrified of them too when I explained why I want them banned, sowhy is he selling them then?? Mad! I said hopefully they will be banned next year anyway so he won't be selling any. Georgie is eating his bone he doesn't give 2 hoots about them but poor Cassie is terrified and I will have her on my head again when I go to bed tonight, poor girl.
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
They don't bother Murph at all but the rabbits don't like them! They're in their crate all covered up at the moment.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 09:23 PM
bruno is shaking on the sofa and will not settle at all - its like the Blitz here tonight and has been like this every night this week - I am absolutely dreading tommorow night and was debating taking bruno somewhere into the middle of the country - but dont know if we will escape them even there !!! Its dreadful - its that or sedation again which i ended up having to do last year as he got so freaked out by them and they went on for so long.

Unfortunately where we are we get a real echo so even although our immediate neighbours arent letting them off - there is still so many and they are so loud...

I couldnt beleive when I was in tesco's today how many people were queued up buying fireworks - its just asking for trouble. I am sure the fir brigade and hopsitals must absolutely dread this time of year.

what a waste of money
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
There was a bit poster up in my vets today about a natural calming thingy for dogs which is especially useful for fireworks. It wasn't rescue remedy which I know is used for some animals, does anyone know what it would be and if it really works?

(I don't have a dog so I'm only asking because I'm nosey!!)
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't believe banning them totally is fair, everyone should have the freedom to choose. But I know how horrible it can be especially when they go on for several weeks. I think there should be a time limit on when people can have their "show". For example for the 1 or 2 weeks during bonfire night only and not after 11:00pm, something like that.

I personally don't think I'd ever hold my own fireworks do, for the reasons already stated. I'd rather let someone else worry about the safety issues and enjoy the show.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Fluffybunny
It's started already (well ok it started weeks ago). It's only 10 past 5 and the fireworks are going off already

Apart from worrying about my pets, I genuinely do think that in the interests of public safety, fireworks should be available for organised displays only.

Has it started round your way yet too?

Fluffy x
It started here a week ago It won't end till January 2006
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >