View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shibainu-girl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi i have 2 shibas and the male one Wensley has got away twice. First time he slipped past my mum in law at the garden gate and went missing for 3 hours. Second time he got past me and ran into town. Also he crossed a busy road on the way. I was crying chasing him. Its such a scary experince.

Both my shibas have rolled collars which are on quite tight. What you have to bear in mind is that shibas have fat necks so collars come off easy. Either get a rolled collar or a harness. Also i would take treats out with you just incase he gets away again. Try and lure him back with the treats or russling a plastic bag.

Also Shibas tend to get run over when they run away cos they dont look where they are going.
When i take my dogs out everyday i alays double check their collars and leads are on secure.

caz x
shibainu-girl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Also you may be aware of this but shibas go deaf to your call once they run off, so by the sounds of your little pup should always be kept on a lead.

Wensley is never allowed off because he always runs off and he is very quick.

Mitsu on the other hand is like a normal dog and follows us and can be let off. But still from time to time she likes to run off. But shes soo unfit i can catch her.

Shibas are basically diffucult dogs to train because they think they are always right.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2