View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks Anne, you've just reminded me, I had better get mine out ready for b/fire night! Mind you, it certainly didn't make any difference with my nervous wreck of a dog when they went off.Hope it works better for you Anne.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Do you think Rescue remedy will work otherwise, because I wont be able to find a diffuser.

And if so, what is the dosage for a dog? it only mentions what you give to an adult and what you give to a child.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi Tam, why don't you put up a thread in dog related chat or health or something and someone is bound to see it and loads of people on here use Rescue so someone will know how much to give your dog. Sorry, I don't know!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 01:56 PM
HI, we have tried both the spray and the diffuser for Archie's SA and to be honest I can't say it's made a big difference - bach flower remedies have helped a lot more (Rescue Remedy included )

TamT the dosage for dogs is 4 drops 4 times a day I think.... just remember you can't overdose on it so there's no worries... it will be the same for pups and adults as far as I know.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi tuti, do you put it in the water or do you hold it under Archie's nose, the rescue remedy please? I might get some of that tomorrow if you think it works better, I've never tried it, and B/Fire night is looming and I expect there'll be some loud bangs tomorrow night too. Thanks.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 05:00 PM
hi tuti
i spray a couple of drops on my dogs tongues and it seems to calm them, i also put a couple of drops of valerian in their drinking water and this helps too.Buddy absolutely hates fireworks and this helped a bit last year!!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Helena.... if your dogs won't lick it off your hand, you can either drip it into their mouth (if they let you) or drip it onto a treat and hope they will eat it

If you put it in water you need to make sure they get the minimum dose (4 drops) which might be hard (and expensive) with 2 dogs

Hi candie Valerian and Scullcap are supposed to be very good for fear and anxiety but I've never used them myself as they are slightly sedative and I don't like the idea of sedating Archie However if it's a serious problem with fireworks then it might be the best thing to do
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Anne
It costs £22 and refills are £15. Well worth it if it helps.
Try BestPet. The Diffuser is £19.36, refill is £14.48 and the spray is £15.90.

http://tinyurl.com/ad9vz
http://tinyurl.com/a9ljm

You'll also see some of the CDs for sale at the bottom of the page of the first link.
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Sorry I have been busy shopping etc. Thank you all for your replies. Can I ask, where do you get the spray? It sounds really helpful! can you get it without the vet. I would like to get some before bonfire night as the diffuser may not have kicked in properly by then. What I mean is can I buy it from Pets at home or similar.
Regards
AnneXX
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Spray - see my first link.

You do not need a prescription for these.

When I ordered from BestPet, it arrived in a couple of days. (Postage free)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >