View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok, been doing a bit of research (really dont like this spreadsheet so needed a distraction ) and if you have been in the country for more than five years since your license (NZ) has expired then the DVLA wont recognise it. If however you can renew your NZ license again by distance (not sure how you would do that) then they will exhange it. If however you cant renew it then you would have to apply for your learners permit and do that all again.

Now to go back to making this damn thing agree with my figures
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks Willow, brilliant info - maybe distance means sending it in by post - I've been here just under 5 years so if I send it now I might be in with a chance? Will give it ago.

Thanks so much for checking it out for me. Will let you know how I get on.

xi
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Haven't had time to read everything, so I don't know if this has already been covered (sorry)...Does Fern only get upset when your OH walk away when you are all out or will he ger equally upset if you leave him with OH and you walk away??...

Ours have both done this but it has been the same if either my OH or me are the one to leave. Our two are very pack orientated and they like us ALL together and hate when one of us leaves to go elsewhere on a walk, they also can't stand the thought of missing out on something more exciting and who knows what the one who has left might be geting up to, it could be all kindsa fun (they think) even if they have only gone into the supermarket...LOL

To get over it, like everything is to repeat it more and more till they get used to it. Both mine have literally kicked and screamed when one of us has walked away from the rest, but like everything with repitition, they will get used to it. Treat it the same as when you are teaching them to remain calm when you leave them home alone, the person who is leaving the walk breifly shouldn't make a fuss before or after leaving to make it kind of a non descript event that they don't need to worry about.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
This might be of interest re your licence

Are there no other dog training clubs in your area other than the vets ? Have a look on ObedienceUK on the club profile pages you might be surprised. There could be a BSGSD branch near you that has GSD only training classes
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2