Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
No... it's not an 'I hate german sheperds' thread...I don't hate German Sheperds... I hate stupid men who own dogs solely because they feel the need to intimidate people but they're not scary enough without a big hard dog

Oh that's good tuti, it was just that you said the "status symbol" bit and I thought maybe that was your opinion on them! I see what you mean with a bloke like that, he has to have one for a status symbol, I get it now!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 06:36 PM
LOL

No offence to GSDs... but let's just say he was not the type of bloke who would own a chihuahua!

BTW Helena I'm actually quite keen on GSDs... as has been said before any dog has the potential to be nasty, esp with the wrong owner, but a dog the size of a GSD with the wrong owner.... that's just scary
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
theres always 1 around.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2005, 08:41 PM
So relieved Archie was not hurt Tuti I would be so upset if he was

(*whispers beard on the way *)
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Aww glad Archie is ok. I have a irresponsible dog owner near me who owns an out of control aggressive Doberman, I love the Doberman however the man is very very scary he's aggressive to Well he was until he met with my temper lets just say i'm Irish descent and have the temper to prove it. Only when provoked of course
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Mini I've never seen Archie run faster - or scream louder... it was pretty scary...

jake, I have a temper too which I suspect is why the whole thing started.. because I shouted at him to get his dog on a leash and under control if it was going to go around terrorising other dogs...

I'm not the type to judge people easily but I'll let you make your own judgement: He had a shaved head, lots of tattoos, tight jeans and big black boots... and (Azz delete this if I'm not allowed to say it) he called me a 'filthy lesbian' I'm glad I walked away in the end...
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm glad you walked away too. It could of got nasty and there are some horrible people out there, you just can't be too careful.

I agree that there are some idiots out there who buy a certain type of dog just to look hard, whether its a GSD, Rottie, bullbreed, staff, basically any breed that is large or has or has had a 'reputation' in the media.

Im sure I will get plenty of support one day to get the compulsory dog owners exam of the ground! (theres a big enough need for it unfortunatly )
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:17 PM
You'll have my support
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2