Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post

all done now bar painting, insulating tape is holding quadrant Until wood glue sets.

No good me painting it, I put the paint on the wrong way according to Sue. I am now knackered after doing all this
That looks great and well done. I totally agree about paint being put on the wrong way round.

I find also plants have a back front and sides....what is your next job????sure you have a list in place.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Here things tootling on Mom frailer but still up and about to loo and back bedroom but tired think she has a cold or something no water inection and chest clear. No sneezing or anything just a "something brewing" her birthday on Monday and cards started arriving today. he new back guttering is holding up great heavy rain not a leak, and so glad I went with a downpipe think my guttering running into my neighbours was over powering the guttering so to speak.

Back at work tomorrow starting 5am finishing 1pm Thurs Fri Sat my sister coming here to be with Mom So a new routine in place. Have a plan for the front garden not a major change but new structural bones being put in place. Gardener has been round and we have agreed a price he could be doing it First week in December as l will not be planting anything until Spring I have rescued all the plants I want to replant and put in pots in back garden already the rest are going much too big for the space so this time I have forward thought 15 years. And my two acers will remain as and where they are. Just the retaining edging being relaced by sleepers at the moment a miture of concrete log roll and decking board......so a seamless finish of sleepers and then a higher sleeper bed. my already in place cotswold stone slabs will be lifted and then relaid and the path extended out and the step etended to, then gravel down not as much as you might imagine but will be usig it for pots. (have asked for pots/garden centre vouchers for my Christmas prezzie) I am going blue for plant pots. As I have one gorgeous blue pot already and love him.

So lots of news......from me for today have fun everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Hi Kazz, they keep on about snow. Where did you hear about it? I have checked forecast down here and it is just going to get slightly chillier than has been. Barry porch looks good. Griff hope you feel better soon. Moyra could be your back aches after the visits you had yesterday for eyes etc. Bit of stress in the position you sat. Well must away I actually have some visitors today later this afternoon. I can go from one day to the next with no-one to speak to. Just myself. First signs they say and second is looking for hairs on the palm of your hands. Lynn I am sure Dillon will be fine. Tyto always was when we went to different places on holiday. After a quick mooch around he thought the place was his. Ta Ta
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:56 PM
Kazz, hope your mum doesn't develop a cold, pleased the gutter is doing its job! My neighbour built a pitched roof on his porch and has no guttering, he has killed all my lily of the valley that my nan gave me 34 years ago...gutted
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Griff gently dig up the roots as far down as you can and plant them in a pot, they will soon recover if they even have a few bits of root.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks Brenda, I am sure by tomorrow afternoon i will be o.k, things just aren't helped with the damn builders next door... just been to my bin and they are parked on my drive... again!! I have rung my dad..he can deal with it, if I say anything to them ... well it's nit going to be polite
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Hmm, I have to find £256 for my new teeth but I guess I shall have to find the money for a new mattress. Maybe after Christmas.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Crikey, that's a lot Moyra...things always seem to happen at the same time
Not sure if i said but the kitchen surveyor went to Steve's yesterday, he had a choice, white beech or mahogany effect kitchen cabinets...the white abd beech looked cheap so he went with mahogany, he has gone for black worktops, black flooring and aluminium handles of a bar type for the cabinets...he has also asked them to block the hatch through to the living room...I think this is a huge mistake, he doesn't get a lot of light in his living room and has gone for all dark stuff in the kitchen....they have agreed they will fit his own tiles so he is having jasper conran ones again and he has to paint his own walls, he said the tiles they offered where small and pastel coloured and he said he doesn't want his kitchen to be the same as everyone else's
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Griff, I hope the work in Steve's kitchen goes well. All the best with the work.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Dillon will soon settle once he realises his routine is about the same and having people visit who he knows should also help. I agree you do sound happy Lynn and I hope you will be for years to come.

Like the sound of plans for the garden Kazz, Do hope your mum is not going down with a cold.

Hopefully as Brenda suggested you just might be able to save some of the lily of the valley Griff.

Yes Barry has done a good job with the help of an able skivvy. I have been shouted at and told in no uncertain terms to hurry up when calledI have stuck the quadrant up and filled a few gaps that HWMO said he would do tomorrow - why to I have to wait when he wants things done yesterday. I dont wait I do them myself Have only just sat down for the day and don't intend to move unless I have to! Will sort the painting tomorrow I expect it will take a few coats to cover the new wood properly.

Hope all two and four legged are well
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >