View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks AM - recognise some of the stuff myself and can honestly say that our pup will never eat frikadelle because we LOVE them ourselves We never make enough of them to go around - actually we do but they are sooo divine

Thanks AM, will get OH onto the rest

Fern likes fisk, we usually mix it in with rice if his tummy is upset.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Loki has always seemed to find them boring no matter what I put in them.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Cassie only likes it when it has bread and jam stuffed in it and then only for a while and gets bored.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Cassie only likes it when it has bread and jam stuffed in it and then only for a while and gets bored.
White or brown :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 03:08 PM
I wish I could understand what AM said as I am on the lookout for new, yummy, and difficult kong recipes...

Ingrid, Archie wasn't very into kongs at first either. Keep them really special, don't leave them lying around. Put a couple of really nice treats in it, and if necessary help him figure out how to get them out.

Make it really easy so he doesn't get bored - remember puppies don't have a very long attention span, so he needs to be 'rewarded' (get the food out) fast or he will get bored.

I filled Archie's first kong with rusks soaked in watery yoghurt - he really liked it and it was very easy to get out I remember it took him a little while to figure it out, but even then he got bored fast and went off to find something else to do

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey T, thanks so much will take your advice.

I'll get a translation for you tonight - OH's task when he comes home - I recognise about a third of the words but if I try to translate you end up eating a meatball with a fishhead or something bizarre like that
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 03:15 PM
No problem I hope he likes them

LOL thanks.... fishhead Think I might stick to peanut butter
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2005, 01:10 AM
we have the black XL kongs for ours and sometimes I stick their chicken wings in them amongst many other things.

Tinned fish and natural yoghurt is one of the types they get frozen quite often. Other times I will take some of the fresh marrow from bones I get them and smear that around with treats inside...etc...peanut and stuff butter doesn't really work for mine

they arn't to into toys really but so long as it's something real tasty (to them!) they will work at it.

I used to feed Takoda his kibble from a treat ball...The kibble came out easy enough and he would just roll it around and it gave him another something to do before his walks could be longer.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Poppy gets easily fed up with kongs too. I found she plays better with the buster cube, I just put 2 table spoons of JWB in and it keeps her entertained for hours, especially now she's moved on to the adult JWB and the kibble is bigger, so it takes more work trying to get it out. Even once the JWB is gone, she still plays with the cube - gets cross with it because nothing's coming out (very amusing!!)
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2005, 07:24 AM
K Tuti,here goes

A pate like substance to seal the holes of the kong, then cut Red Danish hotdog sausages into squares and mix it in with tinned mackerel, place a layer of it in the kong then put creme fraiche in, then another layer etc.

Wrap in tinfoil and freeze for 24 hours.

AM - leverpostej is 'scary stuff' this is what I call scary stuff to OH - he laughed when he said you know she's put 'scary stuff' on the list - great no chance of the dog getting leverpostej, he loves it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >