Originally Posted by Staffy
Awww poor Benji, hope he's feeling better soon

Thanks Staffy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Fern puked up a few times a couple of days ago - that's because he tries to eat the dirt under the grass, and also scrapes off the concrete and eats that too, and he also tries to eat his own kaka - I have to be fast to pick it up - I try and keep a watchful eye on him and squirt him with the hose when he tries to go for the concrete...yes I'm a mean mommy

I tend not to feed him and just give him a bit of water until it's settled down - then he gets runny kaka which is no surprise so I usually give him a little rice with olive oil and he gets back to normal in no time.

But then this is based on Fern stuffing the weirdest things into his mouth

I hope Benji is okay Foxy - I guess if it doesn't settle down overnight at least you can talk to your vet about it tomorrow.
xi
Oh yes they eat allsorts when they are pups don't they. I think he will be okay he seems lively enough anyhow but I am keeping him in the kitchen for now until he has stopped throwing up a bit- its a lot easier to clean up in there than on the carpet I have a dog gate between the lounge and the kitchen and the door is open so he can still see whats going on in here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear Benji is throwing up like this Foxy. I can't advise you on what to do as depending on their general state, I either starve or feed mine, so I wouldn't like to advise you what you should do. He's been sick rather a lot though hasn't he, so I would tend to want to just give him water as luckily you have the vets appointment tomorrow anyway don't you. Good luck with him. He must have picked something up this morning, or maybe that other dog you had with you has got something nasty that Benji has caught, have you thought of that? Poor little Benji, hope he stops being sick soon, as it's not good if they keep on throwing up like that, once or twice yes, but not six times, poor boy. Let us know how it goes.x
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Aww poor little Benji
Hope he gets better soon
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2005, 07:05 PM
me to foxy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Is he gagging Foxy, he might have a bit of grass stuck in his throat and thats whats making him throw up. I hope he feels better soon. And yes you paint a lovely picture with your words

Hiya Het,

Sorry for taking so long replying, but YOUR daughter was demanding her tea Don't think he has anything stuck, he's not coughing or anything. I haven't actually seen him eating any grass. Anyway at least the vet can give him a check up tomorrow night if he is still not well tomorrow, although its the vet called Enrico and I can't tell a word he says, I was hoping I would get one of the others - I am hopeless with foreign accents, well any accents at all really
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
Poor little Benji....give him loads of cuddles from me...

Thanks Moli - although I think I might wait till he's stopped throwing up first
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart B
Aww poor little Benji
Hope he gets better soon

Thanks Stewart and Fred - I will pass on your best wishes to him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Hope Benji is feeling better soon.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sorry to hear Benji is throwing up like this Foxy. I can't advise you on what to do as depending on their general state, I either starve or feed mine, so I wouldn't like to advise you what you should do. He's been sick rather a lot though hasn't he, so I would tend to want to just give him water as luckily you have the vets appointment tomorrow anyway don't you. Good luck with him. He must have picked something up this morning, or maybe that other dog you had with you has got something nasty that Benji has caught, have you thought of that? Poor little Benji, hope he stops being sick soon, as it's not good if they keep on throwing up like that, once or twice yes, but not six times, poor boy. Let us know how it goes.x

Thanks Helen, I will give him some food tomorrow morning if he has stopped being sick. Yes I suppose he could have got something from the other dog (I 've been quite worried about that dog today because I haven't seen it around and it followed me to school yesterday and went in the school and whilst I was in the classroom (with Benji under my arm) somebody shooed it out and I am worried in case it couldn't find its way home again, I do hope he is okay - he's such a lovely little dog -well when he isn't attacking labs anyway ) but it looked okay yesterday and I suppose he could have picked something up from where another dog has been.

I will let you know how he is tomorrow morning (whilst you are busy burning the poor old peoples dinners )
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >