register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 04:39 PM
My 'wi fi' printers never work, keep a cable attached to it and then take my laptop to it. Son can't work it out, and no chance I can if he can't
Still raining here, gone very warm though. Everyone with deep dry bedding, a raw carrot each and they've got bags of chicken necks for tea. Rest of the week looks dry at the moment thank goodness.
House hasn't been so tidy for ages, I suppose boredom and a rainy day works for some things
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 05:07 PM
We're back with a 55 plate Peugeot 206 convertible. lovely little car and change.
We now have a problem. It is being temperamental starting.
It was started 5 times between us listening to it, test driving it buying it and stopping for petrol and then a cuppa on the way back no issues.
Pulled up outside the drive Gorden got out so I could go on first he went back to start the car and it was clicking nothing else. He left it for a while did a few thing after about 10-15 minutes got it going pulled it on the drive stopped it tried it again wouldn't start.
He is now out there playing not much info in the hand book or on the internet.
It comes from blooming Luton what a trek if we can get it going and take it back.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Sounds like a problem with the battery or the starter motor. Wouldn't think it was a great problem. Fingers crossed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Might be a loose battery lead, Lynn. Do you remember when mine wouldn't start a few weeks ago and I thought it was the starter motor and turned out to be the battery. I can't see it being the battery with it starting so often, but be something in that area I bet.
Car sounds lovely and there's always something when you buy a 2nd hand car, in fact often when you buy a new one.
G.O.T night tonight as nothing at all on any channel that I want to watch, too many times now. I am not paying for stuff I am not interested in watching.
Just eaten a bar of Dairy Milk Oreo, never eaten before, quite like it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Not the battery but possible loose connection I might be driving him to the station early tomorrow.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Hello all, hope you have all had a good Sunday.
Lynn, so sorry to hear about this car, are you jinxed? Or maybe it's the house, as it happened when you got back there!! Hope you get it sorted soon.
We had what was supposed to be a lovely roast beef lunch. Unfortunately the beef was like shoe leather
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Must have been the meat Nippy, your cooking always looks delicious
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2017, 05:55 PM
I think the house Nippy Jen it's two steps forwards and 1/2 dozen back all the time. We now have to think about getting this sorted Gorden has to be in work tomorrow and this week.
He didn't put home start on the breakdown cover so i suppose I will have to source a mobile mechanic. tomorrow he will be ringing the people we bought the car from and sending them the bill for the train fare and the cost of fixing the car.
We cannot get it started and if we could a 3 hour round trip is out of the question.

Shame about the beef Nippy Jen I agree with June must of been the beef.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Lol TW, you know I feel so guilty when it all goes wrong. Everyone was tucking in and saying ummm this is lovely, where as I know really it was awful
Shame Lynn, it all comes back on you to sort out. You are going to have a busy week I think.
Was it a dealer you bought it from? What sort of come-back have you got?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Lynn, when you try and start it and it just clicks...is it a lous clicking? if it is, you try and start it and leave it in neutral, get gorden to push the car a little...if it is a sticking starter motor it should allow it to disengage and then start the car. It could also be the immobliser as Steve has a similar issue with his car, he hasn't been able to use it since new years eve and it is stuck in the compound at work...he has no money to fix it or buy a new one. I am so very very sorry that you are again having trouble...i have about the same luck and often wonder what on earth i did Lol
Ahhhhh wifi printers, on my old laptop, i constantly had issues with them communicating..it would tell me they couldn't find each other even when the laptop was in front of the printer...i used to shout at the printer that the computer was infront of it Lol
Nippy, i agree deffo not your cooking as my mum has the same issue sometimes and she also is a very good cook...must have been a tough old cow Lol
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >