Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Yuletide felicitations to all!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Another lot of sausage rolls cooked, that should be enough to see us through Christmas.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Have finally unpacked the sacks of bits for the girls. I had them in the kitchen barricaded off with the hoover and some wood sacks. Everything went well until I brought Lona, Mabs and Zen back from the river. They were interested in the general area of the sacks but came away when called, got bones out of the fridge for them, Mabs and Zen ran past into the yard with their bones, no sign of Lona, all of a sudden a black and silver flash ran past, holding a turkey carcass in her mouth, not a chance I could catch, I only caught a brief glimpse of the carcass
Carcasses are huuuuuge. They've got one each for tea tomorrow night and there were two over. Loads of lamb bones and ribs, made a bag up for the dog down the road, he got two turkey carcasses, lamb bones and two sides of ribs complete with tail. I've got a plastic tray full of bits, some of them the girls have had now. Also got the entire insides, including necks of 8 or 9 turkeys, which I've put into separate bags and am freezing as I can snip them up and add to their breakfasts.Freezers are groaning and straining at the seams now. Fridge has got a big bag of lamb ribs for tea tomorrow night, as I have nowhere left to put them.
Hoping Deags is OK, Griff
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2016, 02:29 PM

chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Just popped in to wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas. Only me and the dogs so not much food preparation to do although this afternoon I have made some mince pies!

Tomorrow we'll be having Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudd with all the trimmings with smoked salmon as starters and Christmas pudding for dessert.

One thing's for sure though ... we'll be having a white Christmas because it's snowed here all day and more is forecast for tomorrow!

Enjoy your day and best wishes from us all in Hungary for 2017.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2016, 04:11 PM
All good wishes for a Happy Christmas in Hungary and make sure you keep yourself warm then. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Just popped in to wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas. Only me and the dogs so not much food preparation to do although this afternoon I have made some mince pies!

Tomorrow we'll be having Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudd with all the trimmings with smoked salmon as starters and Christmas pudding for dessert.

One thing's for sure though ... we'll be having a white Christmas because it's snowed here all day and more is forecast for tomorrow!

Enjoy your day and best wishes from us all in Hungary for 2017.
Thanks Babara and may I wish you the same.
My recollection of this time of year in Eastern Europe was that today is more important than tomorrow. I remember one year the bin men were working Christmas Day as were many other firms 'tho not government (as usual )

I also well remember the snow, lovely until I had to dig the car out to go somewhere

I have just popped in during a lull in SWMBO's list of 'things to do' we'll be having schnitzels with potatoe salad (as we have done for many years) we tried the Carp thing but there's far too many bones for us 'tho it is a nice tasting fish.

Hope everyone else's day is progressing nicely, I do feel thankful we are not traveling anywhere today, five miles to pick up the Xmas order and the same to walk the hounds and that's plenty for me

Away now to prepare the dinner for Casey & Lara might be back latter if all goes smoothly and I don't fall asleep
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Harvey glad all is well with you. This carp thing that is common in some countries on the continent is not for me. Steve is a great carp fisherman and gets most upset when they find that some immigrants have fished their prize carp from their fishing grounds. They monitor these fish from year to year noting their their weights and if any lose weight they are concerned but mostly happy to see their weight increase from season to season, so much for carp fishermen.

I hope everyone is prepared for tomorrow. I have only the Turkey to cook and to roast the potatoes I have prepared and the Brussels and carrots. Not sure whether to do cauliflower cheese and broccoli, have it in the freezer but just how much veg do you need?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Hi All. hope christmas preps are going well and i am delighted to report that my baby puppy is back to normal!!!!! thank you all so much for your kind wishes and support, i really did think i was going to lose her and now she is full of nortiness and driving me nuts Lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >