register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Cold here, sun is out which is lots better than the dark dull days we've been having.
I've got the bone run later, last one for a while. Got a couple of bottles of wine, a bottle of Schloer and a tin of Roses as a thank you to them. Got a tin of Quality Street for the garage as they have been lovely to me recently.
Batteries are brand new Lynn, Duracell ones because I know they last longer. Am wondering if I got duff batteries. Thinking about calling back in to Home Bargains with them and seeing what I can be doing wrong, or not doing.
Lynn I am sure Mark is already regretting his outburst, he does know you are doing your best, maybe he feels wretched about the whole situation and wishes something would give, he is trying so hard Bless him and its all falling apart as fast as he sorts one bit out another thing goes wrong.
Woke up not quite so much in pain, although knees and back are very achey. Not taken painkillers yet, but I need to so I can do the drive.
Are the kids off school yet. Not seen any, if they are at school then maybe the Trafford Centre won't be awash with them all and the motorway not at a standstill
Norma, have a lovely Christmas
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Thank you Sue.
Somethings duff June the batteries should be ok then. Duracell bunny batteries.

I know he is frustrated and it is exactly how you say. Just sometimes I wish he would put his brain into gear before saying things in such a way which sound like after the summer and all I did for Joel has been forgotten and now I am not good enough to have a chat with him about his naughty behaviour or Gorden is and our years of experience are worth nothing.
Just had an apology by message.
We are at stand off over it I have said I will not speak to Joel at all nor will Gorden over his behaviour.
He did say he is frustrated because whatever he does Joel has to go back to the problems and with very guidance except being shouted at.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Fingers criss that Casey's mobile kennel passes its MOT and that you were able to get a decent nights sleep.
Thanks Sue, that made me smile, he was a slight pain up to midnight then he found a favorite hole (which he dug many months ago) and he curled up in there and didn't get up until about 6am when I finaly persuaded him to come in for a few minutes to warm up, he only stayed half an hour and is now back outside on the grass well at least it's soft and it didn't rain last night. He reminds me so much of Goofey the cartoon character in the Walt Disney films, he even looks like him
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Just had an apology by message.
Well that's a start, you will get more when he's home. It's undoubtedly 'that women' that is causing the problem.

Like I said to Griff, there are a lot of people who just don't think about the consequences of their actions and their words and live in a me, me, me world She is undoubtedly one of those people.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Afternoon peeps. June the kids broke up from school last Friday around here. Already they are bored and trying to destroy the trees around the green opposite. Moyra hope your delivery turns up. Mine did and I have had a moan to them about short dated produce. Got the usual run around about being within the guidelines of dates. I know for a fact that last year the dates were much longer. Dry here but rain given for tomorrow. Have a good afternoon folks.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Not unhappy with my Tesco order, just a couple of items light. May have to go out for parsnips and toilet rolls tomorrow. I hate being short of toilet rolls.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Some of the kids round here don't finish until tomorrow.
Hmmm, i wonder are the batteries not connecting properly? i am not advocating you do this but i sometimes fold up tin foil and pop that at the end of the battery...the end without the spring..not sure if that will help?
Lynn, hopefully things will settle down, you all seem to be having a rough time of things, the situation would be bad enough without Joels mum behaving the way she does
Brenda, hope the food isn't spoilt by christmas
Hi to all i have missed, in panic mode here!!!! Deags is still puking so we are going to the vets!!! i have no clue what is up with her so best to go and get her looked at, i can't keep waking up to the sound of a dog being sick and then having to deal with it first thing....ewwww. Christmas cards are delivered to the correct house now Lol took me 2 hours for a 10 minute car journey, it is literally across the road from Steves so that was o.k as i had to drop some stuff off there too, nipped to the Drs to fetch the results from yesterdays blood test...lovely christmas present...they are crap again Lol, i will be avoiding the phone like the plague in case it is my consultant Lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Sorry all, late again today!
A really miserable day here, dull and damp, not really raining just damp.

Lynn sorry to hear about your spat with Mark. I suppose it is all the stress of Joel. Not making excuses but it is bound to play on him. I really hope it is all sorted when he comes home. You rant as much as you like we don't mind and I know it helps.
Bumblesnout, in a funny way I envy you your frost. Here in the south west, it is mild and muggy.
The kids are off school and screaming everywhere down here TW!

We went for our carvery after shopping but they were closed The ventilation system had packed up Hey ho!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
lovely christmas present...they are crap again Lol, i will be avoiding the phone like the plague in case it is my consultant Lol
Sorry Griff, you could have a few pints of mine if it would help

Hope the vet can sort out Deags, don't envy you having to clean up.

Casey is happy, his mobile kennel is back, One of the two sliding back doors doesn't open, would have been an MoT failure but as we've removed the rear seats it passed yipee He's in there now and I don't think he'll move 'till dinner time
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Good evening everyone - was just passing the 'puter and thought I better pop on for a mo' - just to allay suspicions of my deathly demise.
All is well here up on't moors, Gypsy's toe will heal slowly but hopefully surely, they are always a problem with any variety of running dog, she's done well to get to her aga without having done it before. It's strapped up and the bandaging changed once a day, when I give it a good soaking with comfrey oil then apply a new elasticated bandage.
Xmas shopping now all complete and are just off to deliver some pressies and cards.
Hope all problems quickly dissipate and everyone slides into a jolly Xmas like putting on an old pair of much loved slippers. Bye fer now. G.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >