register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Well peeved thought I better get myself organised to take girls out. Its raining, heavily when did that happen. Forecast was for a dry cold day Checked and it has changed to a wet day. They've only just dried off from the last lot. Not enough shavings left for me to dump ANOTHER load of sopping wet bedding. Added go for shavings to the Agenda. At least I haven't got Alun starting the new kennel on the strength of duff weather forecasting, with the old one demolished
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Good morning to all, especially those who are feeling a bit poorly, also the worried well! lol !
I see it's been an eventful weekend for the Dogsey folk. Not at all keen on the car smashes and associated performance, really hope it is soon all sorted and a good christmas can then be enjoyed.
Brenda - don't forget the 79p has accrued interest and now stands at 79.07p (this I think is due to Harvey's acute financial acumen and seriously savvy business brain!)
We've been involved in our own Christmas shindig this week-end gone. Booked a local hostelry for everyone, for myself, I did my usual trick of joining them for the meal and then quietly withdrew leaving them all to the pleasures of potables. The Mem and I had an evening at home. We are told that all went very well and was much enjoyed.
I was rather touched to be given a new walking stick with antler handle as a xmas present, very nice gesture I thought. The Mem, as is usually the case, was presented with a bouquet of flowers, previously I've neither expected or received anything so the stick was a quite a surprise. I must be paying them too much! lol !
Good pics of your two June - your old girl looking particularly well.
Will try to get back on later in the day, tomorrow we are going down to Wales and will be back on Thursday in time for my last hospital appointment of the year (on friday).
Take care all (no falling off ladders whilst putting up the mistletoe!!!!).
Bye fer now. G.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Only one thing Sue doesn't listen to " STOP NAGGING" She goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Enjoy your time in Wales LG and good luck for your hospital appointment on
Friday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Had a very pleasant journey to Kings Lynn driven by a very polite young man named Michael.
Filled out the paperwork paid my pound deposit on the debit card which will be returned upon the vehicle being in as good condition as when I drove it off the forecourt.
So for a few days I will be driving if going out a shiny new 2016 Vauxhall corsa.
Had to find my way out of Kings Lynn as it was in the centre then tucked up. Did well I thought considering I have never driven this car before and have always loathed the thought of driving in and out of the city itself. After Christmas may well take myself over to Matalan which I love.

Turned out wet and warm here too after a cold foggy start.
LG that was a nice surprise. Safe to Wales and back and good luck for Friday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Went for shavings and it is closed on a Monday. I am sure my clutch is going and the hoover is blocked and I can't find the unravelled coat hanger to unblock it. Have decided to call it a day where cleaning is concerned because life is against me.
Will get girls sorted, hoping I can make the shavings last, and hoover pipe can have a blast with the hose, it'll be dog hair and shavings blocking it, always is. Apart from the above everything is Hunky Dory
Glad you've got a nice car for a while Lynn whilst its all sorted, Michael sounded lovely and its what you need to soothe the frazzled nerves isn't it.
LG enjoy the trip to Wales, if its wet here, it'll be even wetter there, so take wetsuit perhaps
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Afternoon all. I hope things are eventually going smoothly for you all.
Very dark here already and one dog came in after her tea covered in what looked like sleet. Today has been a case of one step forward and 55 back. I can't seem to get the wood burner going so have to resort to the central heating on as well.
One plus: I've actually managed to load a CD onto a laptop and use the program, being a complete technophobe I'm impressed with myself! It was probably more luck than judgement though!
If I don't come back before the dreaded 4 letter word (Xmas) I will bid you all. Very Happy Christmas. Luckily I can avoid all the expense and other associations, must be getting old.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Hoover pipe unblocked, shavings and dog hair as I thought, its outside for now and I'll bring it in after I've done girls teas. Cleaned them up and they haven't made a heck of a lot of mess and managed to not use the rest of the shavings, will try and get there tomorrow, but pretty worried about the clutch in the car to be honest. Will see how it works out tomorrow. Still not emptied the wardrobe, having a sit down for a while having hoovered and mopped everywhere.
Seems to be a minor disaster day for most people, as Lynn had a Major Disaster, and a few preceeding that, she has had a nice day, and we mustn't begrudge her that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Hope the log burner is sorted soon twix.
Thanks June bit of a rarity here isn't it me having a good day after a horrible one. It usually goes on for weeks/months.
Don't leave the hoover out to long it will get cold.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks June bit of a rarity here isn't it me having a good day after a horrible one. It usually goes on for weeks/months.
Don't worry Lynn 'Look ahead Losos' predicts that 2017 will be 'your' year

LG Have a good trip to Wales, make sure the 'tab' is closed at the local hostelry before you go else the staff might still be celebrating when you get back (Sorry we are supposed to call them 'colleagues' now aren't we )

June, blocked hoses with our type of dogs is 'normal' I've yet to find a vacuum cleaner that can handle them What do you use 'cos I think SWMBO is angling for a new one and I want to get something which will at least give a half decent clean without blocking the pipe

It would help if the eco-warriers hadn't imposed a limit on the size of motor these things can have
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >