View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I missed you LG!!! Always miss you. Pleased you mended the computer, well done you!! Thankyou for the good wishes, I will risk a couple of pints I think...well if I can be bothered to get off the sofa lol
TW....i have every faith in Zen and you...i reckon she will pass!. Yes, quite a surprise from Steve, not only that but he is taking me out next time he has 2days off, the card was plenty, the fact he got me one...he doesn't do cards or flowers ever and that he wrote it himself meant a lot...daft I know but he is deeply embarrassed by his writing...which incidentally in my opinion is fine
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Well we failed She was absolutely spot on all the way through, not a foot out of place, 2 minute offlead stay, fine, coming away from other dogs, fine, recall offlead, fine. Then we went to the vet examination test where the examiner goes over the dog, and she was having none of it, hid behind me, tried chicken, she ate the chicken but still not having it. So we failed. Examiner very very nice, and said if she was due in season that could be it. Very strange as when I took her on the park, some small children (Zen was nearly as big as one of them) came over and asked if they could stroke her, and she stood like a rock and never moved a muscle.
Lovely to see you back LG, was wondering if you were roaming the moors having yourself partaken of Milk Of Amnesia
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Oh TW, never mind, she is young and will pass next time!! She just might not have been happy with the examiner...I know both mine can be apprehensive around some people
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Its a real shame because she can do everything, and she'll get bored if she's not stretched. Her bestest friend, Mischka, passed. Everyone else failed, mostly on coming away from other dogs and recall, and a couple weren't happy with the vet examination, one was really barking and not having any of it, but that one had already covered itself in glory by charging off and refusing to come back!!!
Not sure how to tackle this one as she doesn't show any sign of worry with people normally, so it isn't as if I can train for it, as I have done already and thought she was fine.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 06:54 PM
To be honest TW, she may just have not felt like it and next time whizz through it, did others go before her?? I wonder if she watched them and picked up on the feelings from them?? She will get there though...no doubt at all and just keep on with what you are doing...if she is happy around kids, that's a massive tick in my books
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well we failed She was absolutely spot on all the way through, not a foot out of place, 2 minute offlead stay, fine, coming away from other dogs, fine, recall offlead, fine. Then we went to the vet examination test where the examiner goes over the dog, and she was having none of it, hid behind me
Oh so sorry June. It is so frustrating when we think all is going well and then something like that happens. But dogs have reasons, the fact she hid behind you definately means something, trouble is we can't be sure exactly what it means since we don't speak the same language.

Coming into season.....maybe
Didn't like the examiner........maybe
Didn't want a stranger handling her......maybe

So many things, how I wish we could talk the same language sometimes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I will risk a couple of pints I think...
Good on you Griff Have one on me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the link Brenda, I always try to read it and find it interesting. I agree with your comments on hedgehogs but they do fascinate our two, had to go out at midnight last year and move one away from our back fence as dogs were barking but couldn't get to it.

Some years ago had to put my dressing gown on and walk down the road at 6am in the morning with a plastic bag containing one hedgehog 'cos the dogs were playing football with it. Luckily only the local farmer saw me
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Hi
Happy Birthday Griffsterfab pressies you got there,loving Steve's especiallySee,he gets how special you are
TWjust a little hiccup.How cool was she with the kids eh?Well done Zen
HARVEY,loving that with the hedgehogbless your heart
Hi SUE,thanks for thinking of mum,she is feeling loads better.Wantingbto take a little trip to Debbybums tomorrow,so we'll be doing thatLove the pic of Teazle
LG,I missed you!!Good to see you back
Big hi to all,hope everyone is ok.
Having a wee relax,it's been a busy day but a good one
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 08:57 PM
BRENDA,so enjoying the diaryplease keep it comingTyto is gorgeous,his coat is amazingHope you're feeling better(( hugs))
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >