register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Did a post earlier on today and it disappeared, and it gets me soooo very bluddy annoyed when that happens
No rain or storms at all, I was all organised as well. Girls have had a decent walk, ruined by some horrible tiny shrill yappy dogs for me when I was on the way home with Mabs and Kesh, we walked past them very nicely and the horrid things were making the biggest racket ever, no attempt to shut them up either. I was trying to tell the woman that if they carried on like that then Keshi would take great exception to it, Mabs is very tolerant, Kesh not as much. She couldn't hear me above the noise they were making, all of a sudden there was this massive very loud, thunderous WOOF from Kesh and all went quiet, then they looked at me like I was the one causing the problem. We carried on walking. Very warm and overcast here, girls all got cold bones and are beginning their afternoon nap.
Won't be able to get Zen on the river as it is very high, we were on a flood warning only the other day, will check to see what its like at the end of the week. Seems to be a dry week from what I can tell. No devastation at all, I am very nervous, she is toying with me, I know
Mercmans land is up for sale, still with planning permission, £140k he wants. Whoever buys that is a nutter, half of it was flooded at Christmas, imagine buying a brand new house, moving in, only for your first Christmas to consist of being washed away with all your brand new possessions
Have a lovely time with your guests, Nippy. Lots of outings planned I expect
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Hello June,

"Mercmans land is up for sale, still with planning permission, £140k he wants. Whoever buys that is a nutter, half of it was flooded at Christmas, imagine buying a brand new house, moving in, only for your first Christmas to consist of being washed away with all your brand new possessions"

How very interesting, do you know what it was selling for when he bought it Without a doubt he has hit problems with the building control people because it's one thing to get planning permission but very much more difficult (On a site like this) to get the design approved and any firm of architects worth their name would have wanted considerable flood protection built into the design. If they didn't do that then your scenario is very possible and the resulting bad publicity, not to mention damages, would be severe.

All in all it sounds like Mr. Mercman is just a small time wanna-be developer Bit like the hairdresser who thought he could become a big time property developer when he was trying to buy our house in 2003, he commissioned a firm of architects to draw up plans to make it into a 5 bedroom house for which they charged him £4.5K only to find that he couldn't get a mortgage

I couldn't care less about his loosing £4.5K but he keept us hanging on for months, and turning away genuine buyers. In the end the estate agent listened to us and put it back on the market and it sold within days
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone took us all morning to get some trim for the bath we have a bit of a large gap between wall and bath. found something in topps tiles in the end. Then needed to do some shopping as I will be without a car from Tuesday most likely till possibly the Saturday.
Mark has been in touch and decided to stay in Harlow till Wednesday at his friends as Lauren will be at work all day then travel back with her and be home early evening.
He was going to get a train to Kings Lynn then bus to Wisbech then from Wisbech to Upwell but then he remembered like I did that buses stop running from Wisbech about 5.30.
He decided to do that so if the guy at the garage can take the car Tuesday it's there Gorden can drop it off with me then drop me off home and he will continue onto London.
It also gives him an extra day with Joel for uniform shopping as it looks like Joel and Owen will be fishing Tuesday.
Gorden is now in a bath of water fixing the trim and mastic round the edge of the bath.
Done some gardening this afternoon and now it looks like it might chuck it down.
Going to put the hoover round feed Dillon grab a shower then sit down with a nice glass of red and some tuna pasta salad for tea.

Good grief have you been reading the threads with the newbie. Absolutely dreadful no respect for other people's opinions and to be honest downright rude. Where are they coming from ?
I think like my old dad use to say they must need a job. He was an extremely wise man.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Lynn couldn't agree more down right rude very reminiscent of a certain other party NA
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Can't believe it to be honest Norma that they are getting away with it.
I am watching and reading and although finding it extremely hard not to comment I won't in the hopes that in the end they have no one to argue with and clear off.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Not getting cought this time Lynn shame every single topics been taken over
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm reading it and laughing, I know what I know through personal experience and observation and there is no way it ties in with the claims currently being broadcast. Best keep your mouth shut rather than speak out and let people know you are a fool perhaps
I don't know what he paid for the land, Harvey, but I don't think it would have been much, and there is the foundations of the service bridge to contend with, how that is going to be incorporated into anyone's garden I have no idea
Those people from the TV programme Scrappers that bought the land for a 'Luxury House' in Ringley got stung as well, that land flooded and was put up for sale, no idea if it sold or not, but same scenario really, waking up to the River Irwell lapping at your bedside one morning
Lynn, wouldn't you know that things would go downhill with the car the minute Gorden is due back at work, flaming typical eh Hoping it gets sorted very quickly and you aren't carless for too long.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 05:54 PM
evening all, i have read the posts by the new member and reported one...who the hell do they think they are to label a members dog as neurotic...'scuse my language but "it"is a f***wit!!
hope all are well, don't know what's up with me today but feeling a bit fed up...don't get like this usually...will give myself a kick up the bum and usual service will be resumed!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Oh well June greed probably involved.
I know just typical and of all times when I need the car even more than usual because of all the goings on in Essex. Fingers crossed like Gorden thinks and has read the sensor/s can become very sensitive and when replaced the car settles if it is the original sensor it is more than likely. We are hoping anyway and as with all things replace one thing and it has a knock on effect.
Awwww griff hope you feel brighter soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Sensors are such tempremental things, my dads z4 has a sensor in the bonnet for if the car gets tipped...i guess so the alrm sounds if the car is picked up/towed, anyway, the lads who sold the car to us told us about it and explained to my dad to double click the remote and it would turn off the sensors.....did he do it?? Nah, the first night it went off about 4 times and in the end i took the keys off him and did it myself, first thing next morning i went and disconnected the switch, problem solved!!! only problem is being a lazy a&se i haven't bothered replacing it as the alarm no longer goes off Lol
i will be o.k Lynn, maybe because the sunshine has vanished i feel fed up....who knows
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >