View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2016, 06:32 PM
A definite blast from the past I am seriously impressed it still works!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
just the sort of thing I should have bought.
What one needs to keep in mind is that when you replace a domestic machine every 3 to 5 years (because it goes wrong and can't get spares) you end up paying much more than if you bought an industrial machine.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
A definite blast from the past I am seriously impressed it still works!
It was dead for awhile but my husband fixed it (it was his ex-wife's and she didn't want it since it died...he fixed the motor). It works SO well. But it weighs a ton. So we have a couple lightweight things, both made by Shark to help out. But when we want to get serious about vacuuming up all the dog hair (and there's a LOT of it), we use the old Electrolux!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
What one needs to keep in mind is that when you replace a domestic machine every 3 to 5 years (because it goes wrong and can't get spares) you end up paying much more than if you bought an industrial machine.
I will definitely remember that the next time I need to replace a machine. At least this one comes with a two year warranty and I have promised myself I will look after it properly too!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
It was dead for awhile but my husband fixed it (it was his ex-wife's and she didn't want it since it died...he fixed the motor). It works SO well. But it weighs a ton. So we have a couple lightweight things, both made by Shark to help out. But when we want to get serious about vacuuming up all the dog hair (and there's a LOT of it), we use the old Electrolux!
Great idea to have a back up! I really liked the Shark I bought before the Gtech, but had to send it back because it kept giving me static shocks
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 08:43 AM
So what's your feelings on the GTech, is it worth remortgaging the house
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2016, 09:46 AM
We had a Miele Cat & Dog for many years that was brilliant, when it finally "died" I planned to replace it with another the same but it was quite expensive so after reading a few reviews etc went for the Hoover petsmart which has been very good.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Really liking the Gtech so far. The only niggle I have is that I wish the charge lasted a bit longer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Does it actually pick everything up and have good suction. The advs make it seem that the charge lasts ages, then again they portray a minimilist house that is barely lived in compared with a house lived in by normal people
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2