View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Moyra, have you ever been assessed by the council for your needs with regards aides etc around the home? i am just thinking that if you can get somebody out to see how you have to manage then maybe if it all goes on record that may help your case. To be quite honest, i think you would stand a better chance of getting sheltered accomodation or something if you put down for single occupancy, Steve is a grown man now and you are going to need to put yourself first, he should fully understand that...he might not like it but he should understand it.
Mandy, pleased to hear you have had a nice day so far and i hope you have a good day at work
Been tot he Drs, she hasn't heard back from my consultant, she was pleased to see my back was better and says if it goes again go back and if i am needing pain relief everyday then i need to go back to see them. I also asked for my prescription of my chemo tablts so she asked about blood tests, i said i was due one next week but i do go every month without fail... she is worrying about my heamoglobin level and was asking had the hospital called me...i said no but i am a bit confused by that as i had the blood test the day before i saw my consultant and he would have checked them before i saw him (he gets them the same day)..he never said a word to me, i said i don't think anyone looks at them about from her and me and i am clueless as to what i am looking for...all i can do is compare the blood results from month to month and see which levels go up and down Lol, so i now have to have a blood test for her as well but they are s*ds at the blood place, will only pop the piee of paper in with the consultants paperwork not do the 2 tests for the 2 separate people, this means that my gp most likely won't get the results
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 01:37 PM
forgot got to say TW, i went to home bargains.....no tablets sorry, they had anadin and panamol? and that was it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Well ad sorted. Sun still shining but yep it will rain tomorrow because the wndow cleaner has been. Hope all are having a good afternoon. Off to watch doctors.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Oh griff your problems and follow ups with the docs would drive me to the pits. I haven't heard any more either. I so do hope with perserverence you will get somewhere. I am getting more and more fed up with it all but then I am a lot older than you and feel I have left less to endure over time, where as you still have a good while to live. Stay strong sweetheart hope you get more help. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 02:40 PM
My GP is very very good Moyra, i think if i do my sums right i have known her 31 years now..maybe 30, not too sure...she is an excellent Dr, never wants to leave anything unresolved and so very very caring and genuinely so, a "proper" dr.
Do you know who your consultant is? if you do, give his/her secretary a call, they always know what is what and also control the diary Lol some of them are really really nice and will pin the consultant down to an answer and even book stuff for you whilst you are on the phone, well others hmmm, absolute c*ws Lol
Brenda, good to hear the Ad is sorted out oh heck, forgot our windows need doing...not going to get that sorted if it is going to rain, oh well
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Checked my forecast and it has changed back to heavy rain tomorrow and Thursday not looking much better
Got bones, enough ribs, chicken carcasses and dinosaur bones for several teas, not enough of the smaller recreational bones I give after walks for lunch will get me to the weekend if I'm lucky. They keep putting fatty trimmings in the bottom of the bags to make it seem more, am onto that now, will not feed it the girls, I would the odd piece, but not that much, so handed that back to them so they know I know and not wanting it.
Painted rest of the fence from yesterday, sorted out the border its going in, back hurting like the blazes. Girls have had a clean up already before I started painting, had saved some of the more meaty trimmings and handed them out, so lay down with a cup of tea, choccy bikkies and painkillers. Griff,no one has the painkillers, I'm convinced they are on the high seas in a container, thanks so much for looking, you've got a lot going on yourself and its lovely, thoughtful and kind of you.
Last night I was just about to log off my laptop when it went blank and said it was loading Windows 10 I've been having pop ups for a while trying to get me to do it, but I've closed them down, somehow it has managed to find a way round that. I immediately switched the whole lot off and rang son, he's saying worse thing I did was to switch it off as it could have already started and the whole lot will get wiped, he's telling me to let it do it, he's used it for a while with no problems, I have left my laptop switched off and plugged in my old one to charge up, I'm scared what I'll find if I switch on my current laptop
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 07:40 PM
ooo crikey TW, i know nothing of windows 10, some people love it, others hate it...hope it all turns out o.k though. Pleased you have let the bone people know that you know what they are doing with the fatty bits.
Was no trouble looking for the pills TW, just annoying they don't have any for you
ex has got an upset tum again...i am thinking i should jsut have a chat wit Conor before dragging him down, don't want to go out tomorrow anyway but will if i have to
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Laptop still switched off because I'm scared tried old laptop a d that won't connect to internet because it says something wrong with the driver, so using the Fire tablet. Have tried copy/paste and can t get it to do it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 08:36 PM
O.k, what you need to do is just push and hold on what you want to copy, at the top of the screen you should see some things pop up saying copy paste and something else....click copy, got to where you want to paste and push your finger and hold...it should say paste...press paste and that should be it, you may need to pop a space in between your last word and what you have pasted
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Last night I was just about to log off my laptop when it went blank and said it was loading Windows 10 I've been having pop ups for a while trying to get me to do it, but I've closed them down, somehow it has managed to find a way round that. I immediately switched the whole lot off and rang son, he's saying worse thing I did was to switch it off as it could have already started and the whole lot will get wiped, he's telling me to let it do it, he's used it for a while with no problems, I have left my laptop switched off and plugged in my old one to charge up, I'm scared what I'll find if I switch on my current laptop
Hi June, yes that's exactly what happened to us I keept telling SWMBO that we mustn't upgrade and neither of us did but like you say they eventually did it anyway

All our files and stuff appeared to be untouched but I had problems downloading pictures which due to MS's unhelpful 'help' page and my brilliance I did sort but then found that Windows 10 displays the photo files in a different way. Also the 'sleep' facility which worked perfectly before now does something to stop our browser comming up. Had to call in Sarah our friendly computer lady and she disabled the 'sleep' facility which probably means we will be using more electricity but at least it works now. She also said that there's nothing anybody can do, Microsoft will unilaterally upgrade (after asking you a few times), doesn't matter whether you accept initially or not you WILL BE UPGRADED you don't have a choice. This appears to be the world we live in now makes me hate Bill Gates even more but with all his billions I don't suppose he gives a dam

As it happens my Laptop (Which I rarely use now) is still on Windows 7 Home Premium and (so far) I haven't had any prompts about upgrading, of course it's rarely switched on these days and maybe it wouldn't be able to run Windows 10 anyway
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >