View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Sue, you are very good at baking aren't you? i bet my dad woul love homemade pies...i am a disaster with cooking...hmmmmm think i will just send my dad down for a visit to you Lol
Just rung the vet for dakotas results, they have literally just come in and they are going to the vet to look at...i have decided she isn't broken, she just wanted me to spend some money at the vets on her as she doesn't go very often Lol
Got my dad new waistcoat through...looks like it will match his jacket (i was getting fed up with it all) now i need to call the british legion up and vent my anger at them, dad sent off for his new membership in december...via the route they wanted, the place lost his bank details, i did it online for him and what a faff that has been....still no membership card for him
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 02:28 PM
called the legion, what an absolute waste of time, spoke to some eejit who said they can't trace what has happened from their end, they are sending out a replacement card and basically if it hasn't shown up in 3 weeks i will have to call again!!!
Vet has called, no sign of nasties in the slides for Kota but the saliva gland shows inflammation, he said that they recommend antibiotics but as he has already given them before he took the sample he doesn't want to give her another course at the moment, he has asked if i could book her in for 10 days or 14 days time and take her back in to be checked over again and we will see where we go from there...very relieved here!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Can understand it June but this is one house next door to us and a barn conversion and two houses on land which totals 2 acres and is tucked away and that will not increase traffic anymore than it is already. Unlike the 26 houses due to be built further up the village on land a lady who had lived in the village all her life owned and gave the land to the parish council and in her will said she would like a couple of bungalows built for the needy of the village and the rest of the land was to be made into a nature reserve for the village.
Needless to say her wishes have not been adhered to somehow the people who have clout have managed to bypass the wishes in the will include selling some of their land too and a small estate has been passed to be built in the centre of the village adding to traffic etc.,
Plus someone else with an orchard on the other side has now jumped on the bandwagon. They will be detrimental to all aspects of the village.
I know we stand to gain from a better access if Gordon's plans are passed but we certainly wouldn't be selling any land to him if it meant disrupting the village and it being detrimental we have been down that road before many years ago and tried to fight it.
Gordon's plans really will not encroach on anyone.

Hope mattresses have arrived, backs are easing and the sun is shining. Dried up nicely here.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Yeah I understand that Lynn,and why does it not surprise me that somehow the council has managed to derail the lady's last wishes.I wish I had a £1 for everytime the local councillor has promised no more building, then something else comes up, like Mercman's plans for instance. That is quite a sizeable estate you'll have going up there, and where will the kids go to school, what plans are there for looking after their health, the traffic etc. We've voted UKIP in this time, council was all Labour and the area has gone completely downhill since they got in, so we'll see if UKIP can do any better, keep thinking, it can't be worse, but maybe I speak to soon. There were parks, football fields, a town hall (sold for £1), branch library, local amenities, all of them abandoned laid to waste, then sold off for some barmy scheme or other to be paid for and the developers move in.
I don't think your plans will have much, if any effect, but I bet its come on top of the other stuff that has happened.I don't believe there aren't back handers going on with these people, its all self interest when it comes down to it, and sod the people who elect them into office.
Painted my concrete posts, tomorrow I'll start on the fence, then I'll get some plants in alongside the path. Garden looks so much better already with some grass there instead of mud
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 03:32 PM
It seems all villages have to now to agree with building a certain percentage of new builds seems our village has gone ott and I bet all of the bigger estates will get passed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 03:46 PM
I have no idea where they will attempt to build next.Nigels dad attempted to sell his place to developers and part of the deal was the farmhouse (which is propped up and falling down) would be renovated. It actually got turned down, I was amazed, it is on the edge of the country park and technically green belt but I thought someone would have had that deal sewn up and signed sealed and delivered, after all they got the two estates that flooded this winter passed, despite the concerns of the residents, another one is still being built, what was a cottage with the greyhound kennels in the middle of a lovely area, is now hemmed in with newbuilds. Not seen the people who own the kennels for ages, but last time I saw her she said the nearby new estate thats been up a few years now were complaining about the dogs barking, I mean that place has been there years, there wasn't even electricity laid on there till about 20 years ago, but no they had to build all around it,and then complain I hate going down there nowadays, I feel so sorry for them, I used to ride in that area, they had a bit of a livery business, now they are in the middle of a housing estate that gets bigger everytime I see it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi folks I've got a virus on my laptop I'm really struggling with my tablet but I will be back xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Harlow when we lived there was really bad and the surrounding areas for building so the field at the front of our house which was owned by the council but a few feet away the meadow and woods were nature reserve which were safe was a prime target. The nature reserve managed to get the field under nature reserve status too so that is safe.
Loads of other green belt areas Sheering and those areas were swallowed up.
Makes you laugh people move into new builds then complain about the already existing businesses etc., being noisy ie: the kennels.
We have someone who has bought a house and we think the orchard with it which has a public footpath running beside it and he has changed the course of the footpath put a gate across the usual route and re-directed users put in a rickety handrail with a piece of skirting board which is quite frankly a disaster and a recipe for splinters, a rickety reed fence across the ditch and left it muddy on the approach.
Beth has complained I have now complained especially as our friend in Welney is on the environment committee and informed me he cannot do this without paying good money to have it changed and he still has responsibilities.
There a precious few places here to walk the dogs off road and it is a popular footpath. Why buy it is our question if you know he apparently is a villager.

Good luck with virus Nippy Jen.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Oh no Nippy, i hope you get the viruse cured quickly...such a pain
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It seems all villages have to now to agree with building a certain percentage of new builds seems our village has gone ott and I bet all of the bigger estates will get passed.
Yes Lynn, this is definately the policy, squeeze 'em in wherever and if the numbers are not big hope the villagers will accept.

In our village they built 14 new houses on Troston road which were supposed to be for local people, in the end only two of them have gone to locals, the other 12 are occupied by people from Bury St. Edmunds, Thetford, or Newmarket and as I've mentioned before 3 are allocated 'social housing' so far no druggies thankfully

What is hellishly worry for us is that behind us is 3 acres of paddocks which once had some horses grazing. There is a red line along our back fence which is allegedly a Suffolk County 2016 Planning boundary between urban land for housing etc, and rural land for which no building will be allowed for 25 years, but like you and June have said it's amazing how a comitment made one year suddenly gets over ridden the next year.

I'm just guessing but 3 houses will most likely go ahead if there is no council protection 'plan' in place. I don't have a problem with small developments but again like June said it should be for the benefit of local people not those from the big towns.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >