register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Not many bones, but 10 chicken carcasses, so 2 lots of teas for them, enough bones for 3 days maximum, couple of lamb ribs and a lamb neck. Very low on LPG this week and really didn't need to use all that for very few bones, not a lot of petrol in either so couldn't switch to that. Anyway, onwards and upwards, lad fitting my tyre couldn't be nicer, he rang whilst I was picking up the bones to find out when I would be with them, and the minute I drove up he was out with the tyre and his trolley jack. At that precise moment I got a text from Amie to say Taran had been kicked in the mouth by a horse,she thought his jaw was broken, then she rang seconds after and its the inside of his mouth, back molar broken, jaw not broken. On the way to the vets with him Will update as I hear more. Lad listening to all that started asking about the dogs, finally got home, tyre was £74 not £76 so I'm £2 better off
Eileen, great to see you,did you have a great time in Liverpool, how are the babies, when are they 21
No sign of Nigel, will have to hunt him down I think
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Oh goodness TW, didn't Taran have a mishap with a horse before?? don't think i would want mine near a horse...ever, horses are too big same way as i will go miles out of the way with the dogs to avoid cows. Well, luck you...wotcha gonna spend your £2 on then? a lottery ticket? 2 goes on the health lottery or some magnums Lol
Ahhhh yes, i forgot about the Duffy's invading liverpool Lol
it is an absolutely gorgeous day here, really really lovely...makes me feel all happy that does
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 02:07 PM
TW,twins are great,4 months on the 30thhaving great craic with themLiverpool was brill,drank,ate and shopped way too much but loved every second
GRIFF,Congrats to your friend,that's brilliant newsif she survives the first 2 months,she has the heart of a lionAfter that it's a piece of cakeI have one of the girls most of the time,we take turns.Weekends I have off and three nights a week their dad is here is I get a few hours off then too
School run alreadywas so enjoying that sun!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just had a lovely walk with Amber, she had a play around with her friend Annie a 2 year old bull mastiff. A beautiful dog but very punchy, her mum is always scared she will hurt Amber, but Amber laps it up.
Moyra as you know dogs are not humans, they love a good rough and tumble, and even if there's the odd accident e.g. a fang catches an ear, they don't worry, there's no GBH in the dog world. Baruska's fang caught Rianna's ear one day, we were surrounded by snow, it all turned red looked like a scene from 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' but by the time we were home the ear wound was already dry and next day hardly visible

If you get a chance please explain to the lady that we can't apply human values to the dog world. If Annie has been trained to fight and been abused and neglected then that's a different scenario but you and I don't think that.

By the way I read a little of your 'farming days' recently. IMO you should write a bit more about those days.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Taran lives with horses so it would be difficult for him to keep away from them,he has been kicked accidentally before, but this one is a humdinger. I think there are about 19 horses in all, I've got piccies of him sitting on them,eating carrots with them, 'helping' to school them, all sorts. The horse that Russell Crowe rode in Robin Hood was one of theirs. Not heard anything yet, at least his jaw isn't broken as first thought.
Eileen, babies are gorgeous, but glad its you thats got them
Gorgeous afternoon, should really be making a start on the garden
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Harvey, it wasn't really a farm. It was a Nursery and it had a spare 10 acres behind it. My daughter started off with a 3 year old Gelding called Diamond who had a Halflinger friend called Merlin to keep him company. We went to Eastern Farm Park in Suffolk and came back with a St Kilda, A Soay and a Jacob which travelled in our Volvo with us and it smelt like a farm yard by the time we got home! It all developed from there and we went on to about 30 hens, a dozen ducks of various breeds, 8 Geese. 3 Suffolk cross sheep and just kept building. A St Kilda Ram and a Soay Ram as well. All the villagers used to come up to see the menagerie. A pair of kestrels, home bred by a friend, a fox cub and ferrets and last to join the menagerie in 1979 was Gino a Capuchin monkey!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone
I've been on the go most of the day, on purpose as I didn't want to sit and fall asleep! I ended up with only about 2 or 3 hours sleep, so early night for me tonight.
Beautiful day today, so patio doors wide open, washing hung out. Rosie is loving it.
Poor Taran glad it's not his jaw though, sorry it wasn't a more fruitful bone run today, will you get more later in week or do you have to wait till next Tuesday? Have you treated yourself with that £2
Moyra, Lauryn would have loved to live with all them animals esp Gino
HimEileen, so glad you enjoyed Liverpool, I loved it when I went for a day trip
Wow can't believe the babies are 4 month already
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Just had Amie on the phone, his tooth does have to come out, its one of the top molars and is very loose, so he's booked in for that at 1pm tomorrow, whilst they've got him under they'll double check everything else. Nasty moment when one of his pupils was smaller than the other, so thats all been checked and he's fine. Apart from that he's escaped very lightly really, big 16h horse thats also shod, has kicked him in the head, must have seen it coming though and quick reaction saved him from a devastating possibly fatal injury.
Lovely day for you to be buzzing about Mandy, and hope you get a decent nights sleep tonight.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon everyone
Sorry the bone run was prolific June but good news on the tyres. Hope Taran is ok just one of those things I suppose.

Nice to see you Eileen. Pleased the girls are doing well.

I am sure Amber enjoys her romp with her friend and as Harvey said no malice is intended. Also enjoy reading about our "farm" days.

Hope your friend takes heed of what you have said Griff and gets the locks changed.

Pleased you enjoyed your meal out yesterday Gordon

Hope you are feeling better Lynn

Lovely day here. Have been out to Dover Castle today. Long drive there as sat nav sent us in the wrong direction at one point - funny though it didn't say "do a u turn when possible" which it does if you have turned the wrong way Lovely place we even went down the wartime tunnels don't think I would have liked to work there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Dover Castle was on a programme about the English Castles and it is massive isn't it. Lovely day out for you, makes a change having all this nice sunshine
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >