View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Congratulations, Sue and Barry on your 44th Wedding Anniversary yesterday, enjoy your meal out.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks Moyra - but I'm a cautious old thing when it comes to ice etc, I wear big fell boots and in conditions like those we have currently I always have snow spikes on over the soles. Bit of a "belt and braces" type of chap really - failure to pay attention to such details up here - could have the sort of consequences nobody needs! lol !
Glad you won in the grand final, Griff. Bit of a b*gger having to go through it all again when he has the other canine out.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 01:21 PM
TY both, we had a nice meal with our eldest son at the pub. Most of the tables were reserved, but a few left for people like us who just turn up
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Am now ready and waiting for Him, cheese and bacon butty, cup of tea, chocolate fingers for later, what more could a man ask. I do hope he turns up all dishevelled and covered in muck and bullets
Happy Anniversary Sue and Barry, 44 years, you'd be out in less than half that for murder.
LG I've got those spikey things, not had to wear them as yet.
Quite muddy out, not too bad, had a good walk, kept Kesh on a line as lots of little dogs about and they would have done a runner with her after them if I hadn't kept a grip of her.
Righto, Its On
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Congratulations Sue - 44 years eh - that is lovely to read
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Well, so much for the snow that was predicted. A chap I employ to clean my car came round and give it a good once over. All nice and clean again. He was going to do the inside but I said leave it as I have only had Amber in there once and it is not too bad. I was more afraid that Steve would come home and give me a load of tosh. I phoned him at 4pm and said I had cooked him a dinner and left it in the micro. He said he would be at least an hour so the chap could have put the hoover around inside the car. Not that it matters, I never convey anyone, although Steve may use it to go to darts in future if he is not drinking. The car does need using!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Bobble you are new on this thread and we should welcome you and hope you will become a regular user. Hope to see you again.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Sue and Barry. Hi everyone you all seem to have had an interesting day. Went to dog training and well they were noisy. Should have known they would be as they were quiet last week and we know from past history if quiet on the first week they will be noisy on the second so in theory they should be quieter next week. Well one can dream. Casualty on later so before then I will watch Olympus has fallen. Morgan Freeman. Have a good evening peeps. Just before I go any ideas on how to get a shut down rescue dog to play? Ideas really welcome. I have suggested a few things so would love your input guys.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Brenda - before now I have lain on the floor on my back next to the dog concerned and used treats as an incentive - then used a small toy rubbed over with the dog's favourite treat to elicit interest, leading on eventually to gentle games of tug with the toy in question, and throwing the toy just a short way away for them to chase/retrieve. This method I have used on 3 occasions with dogs that had been really badly beaten and that I had taken on to save them from PTS. I have no foundation in dog training apart from doing my own dogs - so this may or may not be correct from that point of view. I just found it worked on these 3 and they were all completely shut down. Just hope it helps. Don't know if it makes any difference but 2 were greyhounds and the third a collie based lurcher.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Brenda I have found that with a shut down dog you can't push it or force yourself on it, they will come round in their own time, but the more and harder you try the more they will back off. Just keep taking them for walks and giving nil reaction to reactive behaviour and gradually they will want some interaction with you, but its a long road back. Having another dog helps I think because they can watch and see the other dog is quite happy to interact and play and is generally at ease with a human.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >