View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone, did go and have a lay down for a couple of hours, feeling a little better. Nippy Jen, I don't smoke, haven't for about 14 years now but Steve still smokes in the house, usually only in his room though, but I do notice it if I go to talk to him while he is smoking. My sinuses are better after a few hours of being up and around. I am not sure I am going out on blue today, not warm enough, think I shall be better walking Amber on the green for short while.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Morning everyone - sounds as if things are in full flow for everyone and all sounds tickety-boo or at least heading that way.
I'm slowly improving - losing patience with it a bit now as it's heading towards 3 weeks. The Mem is off in Wales as her mum took a tumble going upstairs and has a bad back and two black eyes(where she hit the stair tread) so I despatched her off in that direction as she is most likely needed far more down there than here now.
So have a good day all - I'm off for a footle about in the nice sunshine (before it vanishes) - and I'll see you all later, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Moyra, when i was at the ENT place, they were saying about smoking and glue ear, apparently kids whose parents smoke are much more likely to end up with glue ear...who'd have thought your ears would be affected?
LG, sorry to hear you aren't right and also that your mil has had an accident...is the mobile home in situ now?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2016, 11:53 AM
I started this morning to fill in the gaps on the front drive brickwork. Below I got this far and Sue came and helped with the final sweep. All that took a bag of fine sand see below. Just got to do the rest tomorrow or whenever but it did both our backs in so we stopped. You can see in the bottom right hand corner how far we got up to and there is still about a third more to do yet.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Afternoon everyone lovely walk sun shining not too cold and birds singing. we were surprised it wasn't too cold as the river was frozen earlier this morning.
Bed changed and upstairs tidied.
Ringing Gill for a chat in a bit then got to tidy down here then nice soak and hair wash.

Glad vets went well griff.
Hope BIL comes home with decent care package Nippy Jen and that they can cope. Very worrying.
Sorry the mem's mum has taken a tumble LG hope she recovers quickly been there so many times with our mum. Now don't you go overdoing things just because the mem is away.
Glad your feeling a little better after your nanny nap Moyra.
Hoping everyone else's morning is going well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I am not sure I am going out on blue today, not warm enough, think I shall be better walking Amber on the green for short while.
Hi Moyra, I've missed you being on line lately, wanted to say Steve should take Amber out more, he likes his fish so why not a dog. Both living creatures after all. Also noticed that 'Blue' is hard for you to drag inside so go ahead and make the kennel (garage?) you can't be lumping a big machine like that everyday. Hope you feel better as the day progresses.

Greetings to everyone else, can't stay long but will try to get back here tonight for a few minutes.

Oh thanks to those who asked about Casey, he is slightly better today, has taken his tablets, but still not eating a lot, tomorrow is the follow up with the vet so hope to have more info then.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks Harvey, Steve thinks he is doing me a favour by making me walk Amber regularly. Use it or lose it philosophy. He helped me get Blue out onto the patio yesterday afternoon so she can stay out there under the cover I bought for her. Just means I have to negotiate the back garden gate and put the steel ramp down to get her off the kerb, but we shall manage.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Afternoon everyone, glad to hear most doggies are on the mend but commiserations to poorly humans. Love reading about everyones dogs everyday and Zen is certainly keeping TW on her toes

Sammy is booked in for neutering on Thursday, not looking forward to it, was hoping to keep him entire but he's being aggressive to the entire dogs in the park of which they are the majority. Also have times of him howling at the park and continuing at home desperate to get out, must smell a bitch in heat I think.

We had a week of gorgeous sunny weather but miserable again today. Don't mind if we get a really cold wet and windy day as I have a new pair of wet and windproof trousers to try They are men's trousers and I certainly won't win any glamourous granny contests while wearing them. haha
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Hi 1cutedog, i am hugely pro neutering but just wanted to point out that the behaviour Sammy is displaying might not disappear with the neutering and it will take a while for his hormone levels to settle too...good luck for thursday, he will be fine and you will have to attend to his every need for him being so brave Lol
Harvey, good to hear that casey has had his pills and hopefully it is just those making him feel a bit queasy...good luck for tomorrow
Moyra, to a certain degree...yes Steve is right, use it or lose it...however 3 walks a day is too much for you, you should be doing what you feel comfortable with and not more than you can cope with. I agree with the others, you do what you need to make using Blue easier for you
My bulbs have arrived...300 of them, no idea where they are all going to go Lol also wanted to get some potato bags ad grow my own spuds but i am trying to save up for a porta mag at the moment...it isn't going well though Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 03:06 PM
1cutedog, how old is Sammy.
Had Horatio's hip and elbow scores back, and I'm happy with them, obviously would have liked them a bit lower, but they are below the breed average and he's a lovely boy, really pleased with him.
Alun's been and gone and measured things, and I ordered the cooker hood online at Argos to collect, then it said I couldn't collect and they would have to deliver for £8.99, have cancelled it, was arguing the toss with the Chat Line thing and lost connection with them. So will start again tomorrow on that one
Moyra, I agree with Griff, overdoing it is actually going to send you backwards and make things worse.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >