View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Jenny that will be nostalgic visiting the shelter where you got Pepsi and your previous dogs. I hope it all goes well, some heart breaking stories to go with some of the dogs there no doubt.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Have a lovely time with Elaine, Lynn.No idea what to suggest for the BottomBotherer, everyone seems to have covered all aspects, he's a monkey isn't he, finds something to worry you every time. Maybe Elaine will have some ideas, she's good with stuff like that.
Moyra, tell Steve NO and to Keep Out. I think the sudden warm spell is confusing everyone, beginning to get hair out of Kesh and Cariad and even Lona is shedding a few as well. Zen is mostly mud, fox poo and shavings, I am now using the undercoat rake on her like I do the others as she's got a shorter coat than Cariad and Kesh, but its sort of more shaggy than Lona and Mabs, it was defeating the brush I was using at any rate
There were some lovely jugs in TKMaxx if any of the jug hunters have one near them, if I was having people for Christmas Dinner I definitely would have bought one, but the only turkey in this house will be the stuff I bring back from sons, and the body parts the people I've ordered the turkey from have promised me.
Hope your visit goes well today Nippy, and no popping a Little Stranger in your handbag, although its bound to be tempting, can't see Pepsi appreciating a Guest though
Good Morning Patzy, nice to see you
Not only is it dry this morning, and warm, there has been an attempt by a yellowy type disc in the sky to come out from behind the clouds
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Morning Patzy
Moyra, you'll have to get a lock on the fridge at this rate lol.
Lynn, i really have no idea what to suggest with regards Dillon...i am sure he is wormed so won't be that, we have covered anal glands so not likely to be that....difficult one...my mate always used to tell me if you got an itchy bum you were in for a surprise...maybe Dillons going to have a surprise!
Sue, hope you find the jug
Nippy, you are very very brave going to a dogs home...something i have never been able to do! i have always picked ours up from foster or the last one the dog wardens
TW, you did make me laugh with the description of what lurks within zeniths coat Lol
I have seen the nurse and she has sorted all my prescriprions out for me, just need to go through and order enough stuff to see me over christmas and new year, whilst i was there i asked if i could go on the scales...devastated!!! i am now 10stone 8, she has said it is medication and i am fighting a losing battle but i am not having it, i want the old me back, i hate this new me..well that's my whinge for the day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Know how you feel Griff,someone swopped my body for that of an old woman, devastating
Hope you get your meds sorted out, one less thing to worry about over Christmas
I think I'd be putting an alarm on the fridge door if I was Moyra
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Lol yeah TW, pop one of those window alarms on where it squeals if the magnets come apart Lol
i know i am very lucky to be alive and i really do appreciate all the work of the drs and nurses in keeping me alive but when the weight keeps going up and up and up it is frustrating and deffo not good for me, my consultant mentioned the gym before but i would be terrified of hurting myself, have no one to go with and i don't think the dwp would look to kindly on me going and then there is the expense too
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Oh griff, you really need a treadmill, what happened to that balance thing you used to use. I have just put my sheets out on the line, there is a gentle breeze out there and I am hoping all the washing is going to dry. Steve changed his own sheets, now I must get the hoover out and pass it his way so he can do his room. I will also make the polish and polish cloth available to him. Then I can get on with the main lounge, already sorted the dining table you can now see it a dining table.

I am going to give up using blue junior that is my walker as it brings in all the mud. I really need a bowl or bucket of water outside the front door with a brush in it for cleaning the wheels but knowing my luck some b****er would go off with it! So it is back to my crutches, not a lot I can do about what Amber walks in. If it is raining then I rub her down with a towel feet as well.

Steve's sheets are in the machine along with the tea clothes and hand towels.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Moyra, it is a vibration plate i use and i found that was good for helping my legs but the rest of me not so much Lol, i will get sorted eventually...will have a whinge at my consultant..will see what he comes up with
I know what you mean about the mud getting dragged in, i use one crutch to walk the dog with and it is filthy dirty in mud half way up Lol when i came back the other day one of the dogs must have brushed against the wall in their muddy coat, there was a smear of mud along the wallpaper, luckily i spotted it whilst it was wet and got it off so no harm done. Will you be o.k on your crutches? especially if it gets slippy
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:30 PM
I have just walked Amber on my crutches not easy as I can not sit and rest mid way but maybe that will be good for me, who knows. Better than dragging the dirt in. I have left Steve the vac in his room so we are half way there, he changed his sheets and they are about to come out of the machine but alas the washing outside does not seem to be drying even though there is a breeze, think there is too much dampness in the air.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Just had something very very bizarre happen
Knock at the door, van parked opposite, opened the door and there was a fella in a causal work uniform, the van was all liveried up and was a mattress company, apparently he wanted to know if i wanted to buy a mattress that had been in a "show" house?? he was asking round to see if anyone wanted to buy them before taking them back, strange thing was though...he only knocked my door (i am second in a row of 4 houses) never went near any of my other neighbours...can't find a website for the company either
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Ooh! sounds very dodgy! Knocked off?
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »