View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2015, 08:39 PM
All looking lovely and willow is certainly learning quickly.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
All looking lovely and willow is certainly learning quickly.
Thanks Lynn.

It's easy to forget her age and have overly high expectations but she's coming on great.

Breagh is just perfect and the less said about young Mij the better but he gets full marks for affection lol
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 10:50 PM
What made you choose your different breeds?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Good question.

A combination of my upbringing and previous dogs I guess.

Springer (Mij) I've always had one and I'll never be without one as long as I can cope with them and our lifestyle allows. I guess I fell in love with one at an early age and have just always replaced them as I've gone through life. I'm on number 4 now. The first was a working Gun dog who eventually became a family pet and I guess the bond was done. They can be a right royal pain in the arse but I just love their lust for life, enthusiasm, cheekiness and they just aim to please 24 hrs a day.

Lab x Pointer (Breagh) my brother's lab had an unwanted litter which we're going to be (how can I put this tactfully) got rid of. We'd had a black lab before and I knew what they were like. He was keen to keep one of the litter for a while for the benefit of the mum and we decided to take her in.

Irish Wolfhound (Willow) a breed that have fascinated me all my life. I've known a few over the years and we had always discussed getting one when the time was right. When Skye (my Deerhound x Old English) passed away I had a 'big' dog sized hole in my life so when we had news that she was available we acted. Such a gentle nature and the similarities in temperament / nature are spooky.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
So the Springer is your heart breed them.

Thanks for sharing. I always wonder how people came to get different breeds.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
So the Springer is your heart breed them.

Thanks for sharing. I always wonder how people came to get different breeds.
To me yes. You have people and dogs and for me (just my view) Springers see themselves in between the two. The dogs go about their business the Springer ignores the dogs and is 100% focussed on me as if having another person along.

I always view any other dog as a Springer with flat batteries lol. There's just something not quite right when I don't have one around.

That said Skye (deerhound x Old English) was my best dog / friend ever but he was a one off cross breed.

Given how much Willow (the Wolfie) is like him perhaps I'll change my mind.

We live and learn but all breeds are special for so many different reasons.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2