Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
hi Leo as soon as my son starts school i will get a job and then they can go jump but before that i have to clam income suport (i dont want some1 else bringing my kids ups
Not saying that you won't get a job it's just that if you do claim income support untill you do get a job thats the money the CSA will try and get back off your OH. Thats why it's better for both of you to have agreement cause the CSA will take more off your OH than he would pay you in a private agreement with you.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Thats why it's better for both of you to have agreement cause the CSA will take more off your OH than he would pay you in a private agreement with you.

That's not strictly true & the CSA have a set calculation that they use

All you can be is honest if you don't know where he lives tell them, if he is works for an employer they will contact him that way or he can contact them himself(I had one guy who didn't want his ex wife knowing where he lived & never told her. He saw the kids via a social services meeting point(they had both been violent towards each other & both had injunctions against the other !). His ex asked me to ring him on his mobile number that the kids had which I did & he came in & gave his info to the CSA directly)

TBH I don't like the CSA set up & hated doing their work for them, so I took the view to be on our customers side as much as the rules & regulations allow & advise them to tell the truth.

Not to co-operate leads you open to the reduction & the suspicion that you either are getting more from your ex than stated or some other fraud is going on(I'm an ex fraud officer too). Your children will be affected by a reduced income & that income is already too low(IMHO).

You might want to take someone with you-which you are entitled to do. I used to encourage the parents I saw to have someone with them so they would feel more relaxed & have someone else there to help try to remember all that was being said as it's not easy to recall everything you will be told(lol I found it difficult to remember everything I had to tell people despite having been doing the job for a very long time !)
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 02:42 PM
thats ok Leo i know what you where saying

hi JoedeeUK
so you are saying that even if he is paying me then they still have to get there fingers in?
as i thought the CSA only got involved when the parent that was no longer living with the kids would not pay them anything?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 02:46 PM
i also thought that its aimed at the non payers to recover the cash.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
as i thought the CSA only got involved when the parent that was no longer living with the kids would not pay them anything?
i also thought that its aimed at the non payers to recover the cash.
Nope in both cases unfortunately

They get the absent parents income & outgoing information apply their formula & then look at what is being paid over & if their figure is more than the amount being paid over then they will inform the AP to up the money

It's supposed to be as simple as that, can take ages or be done quickly or in one poor lady's case never as they kept losing her documents even though all the information was input & transferred to their computer(& we knew it had been received !)by one of my staff !

I did 6 forms for the poor woman in as many months, in the end I copied the last one kept the original in her folder with us & faxed them the copies & guess what they lost them after receipt, so I copied them again & physically took the forms to the CSA in Barnsley as I was going there for a meeting, they were given to the team leader who signed for them & the next day she rang up to say she hadn't got them. I went OTT as they had been copied onto yellow paper to make them stand out. A miracle then occurred & she found them(still on her desk where I had left them !!!!!!! ) three weeks later they got in touch with her ex(who was paying) got his info & 8 weeks after my visit they finally sorted it all, but I suspect only because I kept on at them for the lady which wasn't really my job, but they p*ss*d me off once too often !
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 09:05 PM
wish me luck all i have a meeting with them in the morning
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
good luck tomorrow
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 07:17 AM
good luck hope you can sort it all out for you and the kids.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Good luck Nat!!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 10:28 PM
thanks all
it went well but now its just a wait and see game
thanks for all your help every 1