Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Well done Mouse. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2015, 10:54 PM
sending hugs to you and Mouse and a speedy recovery to your wife. Hope you get better news in the morning and that she makes a full recovery.
Ndidi and woofers
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Ty everyone, and the wife thanks everyone.
To update, the wife condition is stable and she's actually doing alot better, very little slur in her speach.
Downside she can move her right hand about 2 inches and only a slight movement to her right leg. Somehow she broke her big toe and the one next to it.
There hopeful she will get back a decent amount of use in both with alot of rehab and therapy.
Talking is ok but asking for detailed information seems to be a real struggle.
Mouse has finally collapsed into total snore mode, think he has been up searching for her and patroling the yard and house non stop from the time she left till about a hr ago, when I got home from visiting.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm glad the news is a little brighter today. What a pity about Trish's toes - as if she hasn't got enough to cope with. I bet Nurse Mouse can't wait to have her home again, and be her helper.
Has he learned to pick up objects from the floor? When I was really ill the most useful thing I had taught Eddie turned out to be picking dropped items off the floor for me. He loved doing it so much that we used to deliberately drop things so he could feel more useful.
Best wishes.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Hi Larry, so sorry to hear you wife is is I wish her well..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm glad she's feeling a bit better today. OUCH, OUCH, OUCH on those toes. It never rains - does it?

I am sure with your help and the help of the lovely Mouse her physio and rehab will be much easier to bear and she'll soon be back to her old self again.

Not the best of birthdays so I hope that by the next one she is back to normal and has the best of days to make up for this year
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Sending get well thoughts for your wife and a virtual hug for you.

Well done Mouse.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Well bit of a set back today, she suffered what is referred to, I guess as a mini stroke last night/early this morning. There also seems to be a circulation problem now in her right side.

Talking with her 2 doctors we agree though she does not, that once they get everything under control, she will be going to a inpatient facility, most likely for a min of 21 days for rehab and physical therapy.

Been videoing Mouse around the house for her to watch on the tablet, and she has been doing videos for me to play to him, which I have.(Those he goes ape crazy looking for her in the house afterward.)

They did a huge change to all her meds today so hoping they work better, and at least manage the issue.

Really all the wife is/was most likely the RN in the house, I know jack **** but I guess I'm really about to get the crash course in all it.

Love ya all and ty all.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Sorry for the setback. My dad had a TIA after his stroke too. He suffers slight paralysis in his left leg and it drags a bit, and his left hand is unsteady... but for the severity of his stroke and the fact that he didn't realize what it was until hours after, he recovered quite well. Hoping your wife does too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Got everything crossed here for a quick recovery and no long side effects.
Hugs to Mouse
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >