View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2015, 12:24 PM
G'day all - just a quickie! Moyra - very common in diabetics I get it one or two times a week. Little to worry about - just uncomfortable and annoying. My diabetic nurse calls it "diabetic burn". Hope this helps - see you all later - bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Everyone's been out for a walk, and nothing too hair raising, and back in one piece. Took Zenith onto the little park and her staffie boyfriend came on. They had a really good play, and she is already taller than him.
Going to do a tip trip and may have a nanny nap after as am a bit sore, but not as bad as I thought I'd be, very glad to be on the way back to some sort of normality.
The recycling bin is still sat round the corner where I left it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks LG for your advice. Will just have to put up with. June do hope things will be ok, sounds like zenith enjoyed her play around. I could do with an hours siesta if Amber will let me. Take care all, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Well managed to get out with Barry's "security blanket" (camera) as June called it Had a nice wander round Soveright Harbour, Eastbourne again in a difference place. There is certainly a lot of money there looking at all the lovely boats. Had a nice lunch and then home.

It has certainly tuned into a lovely day.

Hope scan went ok Griff and you enjoyed your day out Lynn. Hope also Nippy and Brian's appointment went well and was followed by a carver

Hope you manage a nap June and your back feels better for it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Hi all, Glad everyone is coping one way and another. I had to lose my 'ears' as they became too much for me. I shall keep them for when steve returns although if he is vociferous then out they will become again. Not sure they are not set just a little too high. The noise of boiling a kettle or flushing the loo its seems to much for me. I know it is something I must adjust to but maybe all too soon for me.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Moyra, it will be a few days and then it will settle, when i had my ears operated on i had been completely deaf for about 3 months, i had the op, went home and the dogs barked...it was that loud to me i nearly threw up!!
as you say, if he starts gobbing off you can always take them out. As for the pain in the feet, i have it...mine is chemo induced, it got so bad that i couldn't bare to walk about and had to spend £80 which i would never ever do on a pair of air max trainers with air cushioning all along the bottom just so i could get to all my appointments
Awww TW, bless it is lovely when pups find a friend
Sue, that nearly made me wee myself...barry's security blanket... if it keeps him out of mischief though
Lynn, hope you had a nice afternoon
Nippy, hope the appointment went well
Brenda,i know some insurance companies can be arsey if you have the seats down and a crate in permanantly
Well, been for the scan, i didn't wee myself Lol i was aksed an awful lot of questions which i wasn't asked last time i had it, they wouldn't tell me anything except told me they were contacting the dr today and i had to make an appointment to see the Dr from today onwards...got back, called the surgery, no appointments ring on the day... and she told me they wouldn't have the results today .... i said the lady at the hospital said they would have them today and i saw her typing them as i was leaving...she said oh no it will be a few days...explained again i was told i had to call and make an appointment today onwards but was told ring on the day, well i have quite a few appointments next week so won't bother, if there is something wrong they can either send for me or i will ask my consultant to give me the results on thursday when i see him...i am not trying to get myself up at 8am to call to be told no appointments ad to try again the next day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Oh Griff, we all have our problems but you seem to be beseiged with them all. How you cope lass I don't know and you are so young to suffer so much, we expect it as we get older but you do not deserve so many problems. I admire your tenacity and strength that you show in not giving into them all. God bless you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Afternoon everyone. Still lovely weather here.
Had a great day and we lunched out too Beth's treat.

griff glad the scan is done.
Sue glad you got Barry out and had a nice day.
June glad the walks went well.
Afternoon brenda and Gordon.
Moyra I hope Steve doesn't come home in a bad mood and that the new hearing devices settle soon. Gill has that pins and needles in her feet almost permanently hers is like griff due to chemo she sometimes gets in her hands too.
I know how uncomfortable it is for her its not pleasant.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 04:01 PM
I have noticed this prickling of splintered glass before but it just seems more prevalent just lately. I assume it is to do with the diabetes or whether it is one of the drugs I am taking. I shall not complain further when I know others far worse off than me are suffering it without complaint, thanks everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Eldest son is off to Prague giving a talk at a conference today I wonder how he gets on at the borders as he is going by train.
Hi Sue, I think he'll be OK especially going in and as Czech Republic is totaly surrounded by other EU countries and does not have any external EU border they are not being swamped with migrants.

Trains are generally very reliable but a tad older than rolling stock in UK, your post took me back nearly five decades when I did a romantic train journey from Prague to Marianske Lazne, too long a story for here but still etched in my mind
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »