View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattymaisy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all taking the time to offer advice... It is really appreciated .. She had a 15 min walk on lead this morning then I put a hot n cold compress on her .. Did both shoulders as difficult to tell which one is sore .. She seemed to enjoy that and just relaxed as I did it .. One of her legs did tremble a little at first as I applied the hot compress so I think it is her left front leg .. Will see how she does over weekend try and keep her resting .., but for a bouncy choc lab it will be tricky .. If no improvement by Monday a visit to the vets to get her checked ... Will keep you informed
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Be careful that the warm compress isn't to hot. Do them about four times over the day. Rest is best so no more than ten minutes walking just for toilet breaks. Hope she gets better soon.
Mattymaisy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Have benn doing the hot n cold compress over the weekend and more importantly restricting her to 2 no 20 min lead walks each day.. Her limp did seem a little better yday and today seems much better hardly limping at all.. I may take her the vets tomorrow just for a check up..
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2015, 07:38 AM
good plan. and remember even when it seems fixed give it another 2wks of no off lead or messing about. sneaky things shoulders! 1st time the boy did his we had xrays - found nothing 2nd time it took even longer to heal and we ended up having an arthroscopy and had it injected as they found inflamed tendons, even after that it took a good few months to come right
Mattymaisy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Hello just an up date on maisy still limping so currently on 2 no. 20 min lead walks each day.. Trying to restrict playtime with our other dog (very difficult)

She has been to the vets 1 week ago and they could not find any issues so just prescribed metacam for anti inflammatory, there has been no improvement this week but there is no apparent pain anywhere when pressing / moving joints .. I will take her to the vets mid-week if she is still no better ..

It has been 6 weeks since she started limping.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mattymaisy View Post
Hello just an up date on maisy still limping so currently on 2 no. 20 min lead walks each day.. Trying to restrict playtime with our other dog (very difficult)

She has been to the vets 1 week ago and they could not find any issues so just prescribed metacam for anti inflammatory, there has been no improvement this week but there is no apparent pain anywhere when pressing / moving joints .. I will take her to the vets mid-week if she is still no better ..

It has been 6 weeks since she started limping.
I think you need to get your vet to investigate this further, there could be something very serious going on, if she is still limping.
Mattymaisy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-06-2015, 10:51 AM
We are taking her to the vets on Wednesday.. Our usual vets.. I must admit I am getting very worried about this .. Reading up on things I am starting to think elbow displacia .. Just want to get her sorted.. I hate the thought of her being in any pain ..
JoesPooch
New Member!
Male 

28-06-2015, 06:09 PM
It would definitely be wise to take her to the vet. Don't worry about a thing, it could be a false alarm for all you know.

Rest is a life saver for dogs and is crucial for healing a damaged immune system.

Also, this might be a stretch, but some dogs develop dog anxiety and may limp as a symptom (although it is rare). Definitely read into that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2