View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
That is fantastic news Gnasher!! You must be on an all-time high right now. What a good boy Ben is.

This calls for some celebratory pictures of your gorgeous boy.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
That is fantastic news Gnasher!! You must be on an all-time high right now. What a good boy Ben is.

This calls for some celebratory pictures of your gorgeous boy.
i will try but photobucket has changed so much i don't know how to use it, but i will try.

thank you for your lovely words! I am chuffed beyond words!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Popster ... Ben is son of my old wolf cross, hal. He is mainly malamute x husky and low % of wolf. We rescued him when he was 5. I will have a go at photographs!
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Well done Gnasher and Ben - what an achievement!! You have every right to be proud of him xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I cannot believe this ... am I dreaming? Gnasher pinches herself, no she is not dreaming!

Currently my grandson, little fat man, aged just over 1 is staying with us whilst my daughter is gallivanting in Barcelona for her 28th bi8rthday!! Our morning routine is this ... he sleeps in his travel cot in the next door bedroom to us, with a stairgate in the doorway and our bedroom door open so that Ben cannot get in there, but I can keep an ear out during the night for any problems. He wakes at about 9 am, plays with his toys for a bit, and then starts wingeing, at which point I take him downstairs, change him and bring him back to our bed with his morning bottle.

Ben comes onto our bed every morning, usually he jumps up at about 7 am just after it starts to get really light, and there he lays, with his head on my pillow, just like a human! He is not allowed on the bed with the baby, and after just the first morning when I had to tell him to get off the bed, he now jumps off without being told every time I carry Alfie downstairs! How clever is that! He is such an amazing boy, I am so proud of him! He goes and lays down on the landing outside our bedroom, and makes no attempt to come back onto the bed until I have carried little fat man downstairs for his brekkie, whereupon up he pops again with OH.

Wish my daughter was so obedient!!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Brilliant news.
With the tail brushing , you went with your gut and caught the right moment! It's a lovely feeling when you succeed in "hands off" handling so to speak and you've shown that its successful with this breed so well done you .
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
Brilliant news.
With the tail brushing , you went with your gut and caught the right moment! It's a lovely feeling when you succeed in "hands off" handling so to speak and you've shown that its successful with this breed so well done you .
Thanks! You have to be able to read the signs, and I never used to be able to, but I can now. I know exactly when he has had enough, so stop doing whatever it is I am doing before he feels the need to react. That way, we can end on a high note with me praising him for being a good boy, instead of being on the back foot.

These dogs are so incredibly intelligent, you really do need to be on your toes the whole time.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2