View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Going to pop to the pharmacy and see about the liqui film, if that fails will give the others a go. He is on maxitrol with the vets at the moment and it does not seem to have made any difference. Willing to give anything a try

Thank you guys
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Just looked up euphrasia - looks very interesting indeed!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 06:01 PM
If you can't get euphrasia in liquid form you can buy the tablets and dissolve two tabs in egg cup of water use sterile cotton pads and soak them individually in the solution squeeze some of the excess off and the rest use to put in and around the affected eye. Use a different egg cup full for the other eye so you don't transfer germs from one to the other. Should be used up to three times a day, fresh solution each time. Use for up to five days. Then stop for two days and repeat if necassary. I am not a homeopath but this is the instruction given to me by mine.use tepid water, not hot or cold.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I bathe Georgina's eyes in a warm solution of Chamomile tea (made with a tea bag). The Euphrasia pillules I slip onto her tongue ... they dissolve immediately.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Day one of using liqui film tears will keep you all posted purchased them for £2.93 from behind the counter at Tesco pharmacy.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2015, 06:06 PM
I just ordered the Euphrasia eye drops,2 bottles for £19.98 on ebay Thankyou all,will also let you know how I get on
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Just a quick update - the liqui tears at the moment is working like magic! We are not even having to clean his eyes and put them in every day as we were all the other products.

Thank you again everyone!
chris99
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Just a quick update - the liqui tears at the moment is working like magic! We are not even having to clean his eyes and put them in every day as we were all the other products.

Thank you again everyone!
So pleased that the L.Tears are working. The other minor thing I do with my Bichons eyes is every morning I squeeze very gently with a tissue the inner eye tear ducts. I also do it with my spaniel.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by chris99 View Post
So pleased that the L.Tears are working. The other minor thing I do with my Bichons eyes is every morning I squeeze very gently with a tissue the inner eye tear ducts. I also do it with my spaniel.
Thats brilliant, sounds similar to what i do with Troy, although his is more of a soft rubbing motion. The groomer the other week used a tooth brush, Although soft i'm not so sure as its near the eyes? Does anybody else here use tooth brushes near the eyes to get off grime and tear stain. The liqui tears are still doing their job, instead of needing them in every day twice a day (as he was having before) he is now only needing them put in every 2 or 3 days or so - and then a daily wipe clean.

Thanks again guys! Definitely beating the vet prescribed drops, which did not touch the problem!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2