Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Thanks so much - will try that Archer and can I say,

HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT PUPPY!!!!

thanks for the info
Thankyou....he was rather cute wasn't he!! Hes not turned into a bad adult either(hes 19 months old).In the 3 champ shows hes done since being in post grad hes had 2 seconds and a win and in the only open show hes done since leaving junior classes he went best of breed!!!If you want to see him as an adult have a look at Frankie on my website
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Hows It Going Carole???
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
Hi
free stood means we just allow the dog to stand on its own.We don't place feet or hold any part of the dog just stand infront and 'bait' the dog to get its attention.
The other way of standing a dog is to 'stack'.Which is when a handler places the dogs feet in the desired position and then holds its head and tail.
Although free standing LOOKS easy it is much harder to do since the dog has to be trained to more or less position itself inthe correct stance when required.
Yes a freezer will do....or any hard surface.You can train your pup on the floor....just means you have to kneel down and on the floor too
Ok thanks, thought that might be it but wasn't sure! Think I prefer the free standing position myself, those dogs always seem to be a lot happier when showing! Could just be coinsidence though!

Chest freezer it is then, my knees are bad enough from bandaging leg ulcers thanks!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2