View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Moyra, i agree, get a medical form filled in by your doctor that states your health issues and make sure they put down that damp is aggravating your chest
Lacey, you will be on tea duty on monday then
Mandy, hope you feel better soon...we all have the lurgy here and it is nasty!
Morning Nippy, Brenda and Sue, hope the weather picks up for everyone
Got to try wiggling deagans tooth today, she broke off one of her baby canines and we saw the vet last night who said that if it is not out in 4 days they will sedate her and give it a good old wiggle with pliers i guess to try and get it out, wiggled it last night and it is solid
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Raining here now as well, and it DID say dry today until this afternoon and had planned to get girls out, however it is brightening up a little now and as long as its not torrential we'll get out. Was just opening an upstairs window and saw this white rainy type stuff drifting down, someone is getting snow from the looks of it. Moyra I agree you need to go down the health route now with that flat, its a health risk and can't believe its gone on this long and the landlady is still expecting you to pay full rent on it either. You can get the environmental health to serve notice on her to sort it or they will and charge her. Will be on the phone to the insurance this afternoon, during which I'll be making a complaint about the time lapse with the emergency call out people. I've got 4 of the ceiling lights out, so water must have got in there, but everything else looking good, under counter freezer is working, and I'll be finding out if the washer next to it is later on in the morning as got quite a bit in there, including the bath mats from the bathroom with footmarks all over them!! Never mind he was a lovely bloke and very nice and did what he could when he was here. LOL at the work men getting their act together Eileen, it could happen you know, they'll be spent up after Christmas and on the look out for money
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
They are not getting any money TW,that's why they won't be in any rush All friends of Conor's,its a,you scratch my back situation Himself has just finished putting wooden floors and hanging doors in the tilers house,free of charge.This is how they work.Bathroom will cost precious little tbh.Basically a donation towards the tiles,bath,sink and loo.Always the way,it's not what you know but who you know.
Tempted to make a start and pull the tiles off
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Afternoon all - still in the middle of this bad storm with no end in sight so was unable to get to the surgery to see Olga for a 'scrip for Prednisone and a new Epipen. But although my face is still swollen and looks repulsive, I think the angioedema allergic attack is slowly going down and luckily did not get worse after the Solu-medrol one of the paramedics gave me IV on Tuesday evening. I really need a course of Prednisone to finish it off but not being able to get to my GP knocked that on the head.

Very cold here. Power keeps going and internet keeps dropping, and no hot water so no shower. Not too bothered about that as adult wipes [like giant baby wipes] at least keep me clean. But my hands are so sore from washing them in cold water all the time and the tips of my fingers are beginning to split - and those splits hurt like Hades.

Could be a lot worse though and at least I do not need to even go across to the macolet as I am well stocked up with food for both Da Booga and myself.

I am way behind catching up because of the internet keeping dropping, but as my IP is in the centre of the country where the storms are really bad, I just have to wait until it comes back on again, and then do a brief ketchup before it goes off again.

But Da Booga is fine B"H and the thunder does not seem to bother her apart from an initial startle - poor Little One was terrified of thunder [and all sudden loud noises] but Pereg seems OK with them, although she velcro's herself to me when they start.

And luckily occasionally the rain stops enough for her to go out for a p&p when necessary - then comes bucketing down again! She will not go out in the rain and I do not blame her.

Keep warm, dry and safe everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Oh right, well done on the swap, its the way all things should be done in my opinion, if at all possible anyway. STEP AWAY FROM THE TILES!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh right, well done on the swap, its the way all things should be done in my opinion, if at all possible anyway. STEP AWAY FROM THE TILES!!!!
Being drawn to them like a magnet
Only thing putting me off is,I'll get the job of dumping them.They can't go in Mabs OH would have a fit Might leave that one to the tiler
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Thats right, now just go and sit down in a quiet place and be calm and think of nice pink fluffy things, like Keshi for instance. I need to get out now speaking of her.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Oh dear Lord Why is she pink??
Maybe just will relax,have a coffee and think of Keshi....pure bliss
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2015, 11:44 AM
You can come over and take her out if you want, then you won't be relaxed, just on our way out now, put the old sheets down on the carpet, and Cariad and Keshi are going first, wish me luck - I'm going in!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Good Luck
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »