View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Oh Malka, as long as she is happy that is all you can ask and as she does not seem to feel distressed from these seizures then that is a blessing in itself. But please do not prolong a situation that is out of control because of your own feelings. Let Pereg's well being be your prime consideration as I am sure it is. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Good morning

Hugs to Lynn. Hopefully the idiot has a conscience (sp) and returns some of the money you spent and hopefully the new part once fitted is all that needs doing.

My son is in much the same situation as you - a lot to be done and not much money. He is in the middle of having two walls replastered but this has revealed that at least it looks as though the place has had a new damp course put in as the plaster at the right height for that is sound. His boiler is also playing up, noise in pipes, loosing pressure and when working only warm water after a while. Hopefully it is only an air lock that is causing the noisey pipes but I am not too hopeful about the boiler. He has been told that if he needs a new boiler then the pipes throughout the house would also have got be replaced so not a job he can afford at the moment.

Pleased to read that you have had some help Malk and that Pereg is ok.

Moyra ring the docs and tell them you really need to see someone now. Thy must have some emergency appointments available.

Nippy get on with wrapping or you might miss the special day

Dull but dry here. Teazle walked and now having a coffee before doing a bit of gardening. All Christmas cards done and ready for the post. Not many presents to wrap as most went to Brazil in October, sister has had hers as she is away for the holidays, eldest son bought his own so won't wrap that so only sister in laws got do. OH and I will just buy what we need when we need it rather than something for the day.

Have a good day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Morning Sue commiserations to your son and I hope the boiler is easily and cheaply fixable. We did have the money for what we wanted to do but unfortunately the boiler has eaten it. So I suppose at least we had the money too fix it even if it wasn't actually meant for the boiler.

Had a short walk with Dillon don't want to over do the paw till we have seen Katherine on Thursday. Its wet and cold out. About to have a cinnamon and raisin bagel for breakfast with a cuppa then pop out for logs and a bit of shopping. Can anyone recommend a good dry shampoo ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Lynn,my dad uses batiste, if you have a bodycare or savers cheapest there.
catch up in a bit as i am lying in bed Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Morning Lynn, Does your household insurance cover you for water damage? Morning Gordon hope you aren't to bad this morning. Morning Nippy I have my tree up. Pleased to hear that a neighbour has helped you Malka. Hope you are feeling better today Moyra but I still think you should go to the doctors sooner rather than later. Morning Norma hope all is well with you. Morning Sue also hope all is well with you. Will be in later I expect. Off to walk the Tyto now. Take Care all and everyone else that comes on after I press send. Morning griff. See it happened. Hope you are well to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Morning griff thank you for the tip.
Morning brenda thankfully no damage in the house.

Matt has rung back and the boiler suppliers do not sell the part separately you have to buy a lot of,other attachments now and the cost are you sitting down ? £1700 plus vat. So he has had another idea he is a welder by trade. He will come Thursday afternoon to remove the offending item and take it home, he is going to buy a piece of steel remove the part that is split and weld a new side on. Hopefully he will be back Friday at some point to re-fit it. He hasn't given us a quote as such but said it will not cost anywhere near buying the new part. The Grants technician he spoke too different one I spoke too was intrigued to know why we needed the new tank it is very rare for them to have a problem. Matt explained and said the original engineer needs shooting.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Oh Malka, as long as she is happy that is all you can ask and as she does not seem to feel distressed from these seizures then that is a blessing in itself. But please do not prolong a situation that is out of control because of your own feelings. Let Pereg's well being be your prime consideration as I am sure it is. God bless.
That is the thing Moyra - Pereg is happy. She has no knowledge of anything being wrong and is not aware of having seizures.

Ram has just telephoned me - he was too busy to talk earlier, and there is no way that either of us will let Pereg get to the state that she is suffering. She has to have another blood test, now delayed due to this seizure, to see if her liver function test is still high as it was on 23 November - and if it is she will need an ultrasound of her liver.

But if she does, in fact, have hepatic disease from her medication there is really nothing we can do. All that will happen is that we know, one way or the other.

All I want is for her to be happy and enjoy life as she currently does. I will not risk her happiness by possible treatment that might work or might not work, but which has a strong chance of compromising her current happiness.

It would be a lose lose situation, and my beloved Pereg deserves better than that.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Nippy get on with wrapping or you might miss the special day
I am I am, see picture thread
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2014, 11:09 AM
oooh Lynn can you get an email to that effect (obviously missing out the 'needs shooting' - people seem to get offended by these every day sayings these days )I think it needs to go to Trading Standards I really do. People seem to think they can act as badly as they want, and won't accept the consequences, and I think he needs to be made to face up to what he's done and what COULD have happened, which sounds like it could have been very very serious indeed. He sounds like a true star, this Matt, I hope Father Christmas is particularly good to him this year
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 11:13 AM
bl**dy hell Lynn...... that is a lot of money!!! Lets hope Matts fix does the trick for you
Moyra, i to vote that you demand an emergency appointment... for a routine appointment with the best doctor at our practice you will wait 2 weeks, to see another doctor non urgently maybe 2 days, an emergency...same day appointment
i am dead chuffed with myself, my cctv system is now up and recording!!! i ordered the unit but then you have to fit a hard disk drive... managed that, hooked it all up t the tv, managed to change the password and needed to wait for a cable, that arrived this morning and i have set it up to record continuosly... dead impressed i am Lol. Easy day for me today, walk the dogs at some point and then puppy training
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »