Female 

17-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Morning Nippy, that's me I just spring up
Glad you feeling better, ooh cake love cake
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Morning ladies! Having my LAZIEST DAY EVER yesterday has somehow resulted in me waking up with more bluddy aches and pains than ever duh! Must be true what they say - muscles LIKE moving!

Martin, and Jen Skyped me last night. They obviously tried me again later when they got home from the Sushi Bar. I woke to find they'd left a video of them on Skype singing a stupid made up song about 'lovely lovely mummy and her non rat catcher doggy' IDIOTS! But it did make me laugh and it was a lovely thing to wake up too. I took a screengrab of the vid ...

Younger son had sent me a pic of a coffee mug they've had made for me with photos of me with them and all the kids. Jen will bring it over in July. That was lovely too.

Good luck today Rosebud. Hope you sell loads. Must be very satisfying when you do manage to shift lots seeing as how its stuff you created yourself. Lot more satisfaction I'm sure than someone who sells stuff they've imported cheaply and flogging on for a quick profit. Markets are full of stuff like that. I love all the 'crafty' stuff. Gave my elec sewing machine to my pal Despina when I got a better one. She has a craft shop by the seafront and now, if she has no customers in, she sits sewing making more stuff for her shop. Quality stuff not the horrid seaside souvenirs you see all over (usually made in China)

Helena - oh you poor thing. And poor Dave he must have felt so frustrated and unhappy for you. When I was 'laid up' I started going to the Russian Beauty Parlour and having my feet done and head and shoulder massage and swore I'd keep it up and spend more of my time and money on stuff like that. But when I was better I just stopped. I think we should BOTH continue to get ourselves more pampered. I'm making a resolution. I love painted toenails. Used to have mine pearly green!

As for the cleaner - well now you know why I prefer to GO OUT and let them get on with it! I don't care if I've paid them for 4 or 5 hrs and they do it in one. It would take me ages and I'm rubbish at it really. But if they are taking forever, or have their kids with them, or coming back and fro or, worst of all, keep talking to me (when the idea is I sit at the computer out of their way and get on with earning the money I'm paying) that does irritate me!

Oh madmare! I know how you feel. When we had boats for years I swore it rained more at weekends (when we were out on them) than it ever did in the week. I'd sit in a stuffy office looking out the window and saying to myself 'bet it won't be like this come Friday evening'. They say if you wait for the weather you will never do anything but I say EVERYTHING you do is more enjoyable when the weather is fine and dry.

Walton! Walton on the Naze and the Martello Caravan Camp! Some of my earliest childhood holiday memories! I remember the Martello Towers along the beach. You've just transported me back about 50 odd yrs!

Lynn hope you enjoyed your walk with the furry one. Don't go for the cheaper repellers. I don't think the better ones cost that much more. You need one for each floor. Good that you've heard or seen no more though - obviously not a serious infestation of them!

Jenny
I can't bluddy keep up with you and your 'jobs' at the mo - you are reminding me of that saying 'if it moves salute it - if it doesn't move PAINT IT!' By 9.30 here I'd just about got set up to sit outside at the laptop. Found my extra connection cable for the VAIO now so no more scrabbling around moving it from indoors to out. I can leave it connected outside all the time. VAIO only holds a charge for about 40mins - knew that when it was bought - but that's often the case with big, meaty business class laptops.

I've started making a list of stuff that I am 'falling behind' with again. I do wish I was better at organising my time. I also wish I didn't feel in the least bit bad about doing nothing and can't understand why 'getting loads done' makes me feel 'good'. What's good about having had loads of boring jobs to do and doing them?

More pampering needed here too methinks. Am getting a bit angst now about my saying I will try to take one of the kittens.

Thinking how Bella loves all dogs but not if they are in her house. Kittens are adorable but I think I'd be better with the mum cat. However, I know there can be some territorial issues with introducing a new cat to the neighbourhood and this cat's been through enough already what with having been shot.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Absolutely beautiful here this morning. Put the umbrella up for the girls so the yard is nice and cool, citronella candles in lanterns dotted all about, bought 2 sage plants yesterday (the first of many) thanks to Gordon's advice. So hoping the flies will be kept down, got a couple of lanterns burning with citronella in the house as well.
Off to the river in a while with Mabs and Keshi, then Cariad and Lona. Forecasting rain Monday and Tuesday, but hoping it gets better again as I really would like to get all 4 of them out on the river a couple of days a week, but only midweek and not during school holidays. Its lovely for them all to be able to play in the water together, but I need eyes at the front, side and back of my head during weekends and holidays
Helena, you are sounding a lot more cheerful, all that pampering possibly, and also the first success with your exercises this morning, that is going to make you know you are beginning to make some progress with that hand.
Enjoy your ride out with your chauffeur, will he be taking you to a nice spot for lunch do you think
Bev I hope the weather bucks up for you, usually its you with the sunshine and me without it!
Nippy, glad to hear you're feeling a lot better this morning, and wondering how exactly your ride is going to be pimped
Jenny can you pop over and do a spot of painting here please, I need to make a start, not even bought anything yet though, may well save myself for Bank Holiday Weekend.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Morning Rosebud and everyone........I have a husband free day today Have to make the most of it because the pinny brigade break up for the summer soon.

H you must be highly delighted with Sky for fixing the problem with your tinternet so quickly; I think you are the first person that I have ever heard to praise Sky Isn't it funny how a bit of misfortune can do wonders for relationships in marriage - Dave clearly does love you very much, so just remember that in future woman

Nippy you will have to go rallying with your new toy if it's going to be covered in go faster stripes and things. Hey, you could get sponsorship and have lots of stickers! I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Tang what a lovely surprise to wake up to! As for those kittens - won't Bella be a bit put out when they don't disappear after she has had enough of playing?! What about all her peaceful snoozes!

Jenny reading your post made me think that I had better get on and do something constructive, so I will stop idling now. The men are coming Monday to start on the central heating work, so for starters I will have to clean behind all the radiators because I cannot have them taken off the wall to reveal cobwebs and dust, now can I. What will they think

Have a lovely day in the sun everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 11:53 AM
*creeps in* Hi guys,

Sorry, been so busy the last couple of weeks...cadets has kept me busy for two weekends on the trot. In between, there has been work and the car is now off the road till the end of the month and I'm on the train.

Okay, catch up time. Helena, what have you done to your arm/hand? Malka, HI! Tang, kittens? Really? How cool!

Rosebud, look after yourself

Hi everyone else.

Well, as I have said it has been a busy couple of weeks. I had to arrange at short notice 5 cadets to go shooting for the Adult training team. Managed to organise that and it went really well. Then we had a company training weekend last weekend, was a bit of a soggy washout, poor kids got soaked and we ended up sacking it around 5pm and returning to Dingwall so the poor kids could get cleaned up and dried off. Even the tough senior cadets who have survived two Battalion Tactical training competitions were complaining and shivering. So really a bad weekend, but got a wee bit accomplished.

On the plus side, I was given a bike by the company...they were bikes that had been sitting in the garage for years not doing anything cause there aren't any qualified adults to use them and they haven't been maintained. The bike has 21 gears, disc brakes, full suspension and is virtually new, it's only needing a servicing cause it's been sitting doing nothing.

It was extremely useful because I am back on the train for the moment and I'm cycling to work from the train station, I'm doing around 8k a day in total between cycling from the train station to work and then back, and from the house to the train station in the morning. Hopefully after another two weeks of this I can get rid of some weight

Today has been filled with washing, because I'm not getting in till around 6pm and then by the time we have dinner and I do bits I need to do I am not keeping up so I have a mahoosive pile of washing. Hoping to get it dried cause so far it's dry here. Got two loads out so far and a third load on. Having a coffee before I do anything else.

Have a nice day folks.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Just so pleased to see that you are well and back with us Lore
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Lovely to see you Lore, we were all getting worried about you, then saying maybe t'interweb down, busy with cadets etc.
You'll be exhausted with all the travelling to and fro, and yes you may lose weight with the cycling, but will you survive.
Sally, sorry to hear you've got to spend the day cleaning behind radiators when you're on a free do as yer like day
No chance of a sit in that lovely summerhouse with a book and watch the grass grow.
Have come back off the river after taking 2 shifts of girlies down there, they had a wonderful time, I've caught the sun as well, so a bonus. Hoping I've got some decent piccies, will download them when I've had a chance to check through them.
Am now having a pastie and a cup of tea and an hour with my book before I do anything at all.
Gorgeous here, lovely blue sky, really hot. My favourite type of day.
Girlies all been brushed out and sprayed with my bug repellent mixture, more citronella candles lit outside, and moved their umbrella round. They're all lay there with a cold bone, half asleep
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Hi
Hello Lore, glad you well
Rosie keeps wandering in and out cos she's warm, going to work soon really don't feel like it but I'll be right once I'm there. Hubby back from Lincoln feeling rough
He's gone to bed for an hour lol

See ya all later
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Afternoon all,

My friend and I only walked the dogs for 40 minutes as it was just so humid

You'll all be pleased to know that other than walking my dogs and washing all the summer weight duvets I have done NOTHING else and have decided to have a day off. Work will continue tomorrow again

Great to see you back Lore many of us were getting concerned about you Have fun on your bike
Nippy I'm glad you are feeling a lot better today
Helena Well done with those exercises
Sally What a lovely surprise to come on and see you here during daylight ..... you being nocturnal and all that Yes, make the most of having a bit of time to yourself before your HL 'breaks up' ...... mind you cleaning behind radiators isn't exactly fun but I'm sure that is the only time certain things get cleaned is when they need to be replaced or fixed
Tang You are truly loved by your lovely kids and what a lovely surprise to wake up to

The sun has just gone in since I've been typing and to be honest its a relief. The dogs have spent most of the time since their walk flopped on the kitchen tiles.

See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Tang what lovely surprise for you, your kids are so thoughtful that mug is brill
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »