View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Oh,meant to say,it was pretty windy during the night and thankfully Lily and Billy are still perched on their pedestals Wee water cans still working away,bless them So I think their good...for now xxxx
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Happy Saturday everyone - hope all the wheezes and sneezes soon dissipate and all can enjoy a good week-end. Hope your changeover is a smooth one Helena, as you have stolen the sunshine again, perhaps you could award yourself a little "snooze in the sun" later when all the work's finished. It could be the El Fresco version of a nanny nap! Love the idea of the Bernese Walk all those grand big lolloping critters diving about having fun on the beach, sounds like an ideal photo opportunity!! This BST extra hour thing has really thrown me I seem to be arriving at the D.a.D club just as everyone is going home (or at least to bed). Mind it doesn't stop me, I still keep wittering on even when there's seemingly no-one there. Hope you'll all forgive an old fool his idiosyncracies. Sorry Lacey (about the strange big word) I know you have me pegged as some sort of dangerous intellectual but believe me I'm not. So to conclude my dissertation of self- objugationI shall egress! Bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Happy Saturday everyone - hope all the wheezes and sneezes soon dissipate and all can enjoy a good week-end. Hope your changeover is a smooth one Helena, as you have stolen the sunshine again, perhaps you could award yourself a little "snooze in the sun" later when all the work's finished. It could be the El Fresco version of a nanny nap! Love the idea of the Bernese Walk all those grand big lolloping critters diving about having fun on the beach, sounds like an ideal photo opportunity!! This BST extra hour thing has really thrown me I seem to be arriving at the D.a.D club just as everyone is going home (or at least to bed). Mind it doesn't stop me, I still keep wittering on even when there's seemingly no-one there. Hope you'll all forgive an old fool his idiosyncracies. Sorry Lacey (about the strange big word) I know you have me pegged as some sort of dangerous intellectual but believe me I'm not. So to conclude my dissertation of self- objugationI shall egress! Bye fer now.
There's any few I'll need to look up Besides I did notice on quick glance that you do in fact wear a NIGHT CAP!! Intellectual??i rest my case
Ok must dash,OH is threatening all sorts of horrible endings in relation to my Ipad ..bye
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Lacey - how do you do it - you always manage to sneak in there whilst I'm tapping away at the keyboard, you are without doubt the Mistress of Disguise, the latter day Pimpernel of the airwaves. Well sorry to hear you had a windy night, but see from your observations that Messrs Lily and Billy are still there (tis a shortage of luck you're having). It would probably take an earthquake to dislodge those two. Have a good day and bye fer now!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Aw Gordon, just popped back into last night and saw the post about Gypsy and the vets, which by the way is disgraceful, it really is, and I could cry for her (due to the pain and distress she suffered needlessly) and you because it hurts US as well when things like this are allowed to happen. I think vets know very little indeed about puppies and whelping, I have running battles with one of my vets, who isn't long qualified. The other 'puppy' vet is a good'un and doesn't announce that because a 24 hour old puppy has a runny botty there is something drastically wrong, and I don't have to point out that all babies have runny botties when new born, whatever they may be, because they are...well new born of course!!!
Sorry to hear there isn't a little girlie for you in the deerhound litter, that is the first time for ages I have heard of an all boy litter, one of my friends had a litter of 7 girls, I had only 2 boys out of eight puppies in November, and to my mind there seem to be LESS boys being born, maybe the balance needs redressing eh. Out of Lona's 12 puppies, I only had 4 boys as well, and looking back I always have more girls than boys. What's meant for you won't pass you by, and maybe there is someone waiting in the wings for you, as yet unknown.
Dull and overcast here, like Lynne says, not feeling that cold though, but I do wish you Sarferners would stop stealing the sun
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 10:12 AM
That was a terrible story of the vets GORDON. Plus you looking forward to a new puppy now. I'm sure if it's meant to be though one will find you when you're not expecting it.
Just steam cleaned the floors & having a coffee now before I find something else to do.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Hello everyone, Just got Ambers three A/bs down her neck. I am afraid that I have had to give up on pushing them inside corned beef as it ended up everywhere yesterday and in the end I had to force them down her neck which we both hate like hell, poor little booger. Anyway I did contrary to the good results of her weigh in yesterday I gave her a dentastix as a good girl pressie. Tomorrow I will give her a chicken drumstick as a good girl pressie. Yes she has lost 3.5 Kg in just a couple of weeks and that is by leaving off her treats. If I can I might try the kitchen roll collection of urine sample as I watched her have a pee earlier and although she is a big dog she has low flying carriage no room for containers unless she walks while she pees. Oh the things we do for the critters that we love so much.

Gordon I was so sorry to read about the loss of your expected puppies and the vets cheek in charging for their disposal where no doubt you would no doubt have preferred to bury the poor little mites.

Helena so sorry Dave clonked himself one hope his head is ok now.

Lynn enjoy the meet up with the other Bernese M. Dogs. Hope Dillon enjoys it.

Bev. Enjoy your time with Charly, Ash and Harvey. Glad you are getting your grass sorted out. Well done.

Nippy Jen, so sorry your health doesn't seem to be improving. Get well soon.

Jenny, sorry your son is suffering. Sounds like he needs some piriton. Hope the boys are ok at the moment and doing well.

It cannot make up its mind this morning whether to shine or cloud over. The cloud is winning at the moment. Take care everyone and thank you all for your kind suggestions re Amber. I shall try to collect the urine sample on Monday as it has to be popped into the vets on the day it is taken. Hope to be able to contribute more to D.a.D tonight as I am beginning at last to feel a bit better. Until Monday when the dentist is going to have another go at my teeth and gums. I am hoping he may do the imprint for my dentures. Have a good day all, God bless. Apologies if I have forgotten anyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Afternoon all - we had a wonderful lie-in after the alarm rudely woke us as once Da Booga was pilled it was fast azonk time again until nearly 10.30am! It was a Good Idea to put her morning pills plus a cheese triangle in my top bedside drawer as it means I do not have to get up and go to the kitchen for it - which used to wake us both up.

So very late up and very late popping in - need more coffee and ketchup now!

Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 11:06 AM
I've just been in the fridge & a plastic dish of leftover grated cheese jumped out all over the floor. The canine Hoover was there before I could clean it up. Saved me a job I suppose.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Good Save Taffy, like you say it saves getting the hoover out
I'm going to do a thread on it, but I have had The Most Excellent News
Taran's hip and elbow scores are back
elbows are 0 and hips are a 9!!!!
Amazing, the lowest yet I've bred, so will be putting a little congratulatory thread up for him Makes me so very very happy after all the name calling his mummy got, proof of the pudding and all that
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »