View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Yes could well be that that is a contributing factor anyway.

As a matter of interest - did you import her specially or did you rescue her from Serbia and bring her over?
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Shes from Balkan Underdogs, she was transported over by Kitkats transport along with a few others what had found homes in the UK
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Well done you. Take my hat off to you. Making the WORLD of difference to one dog's life.

I firmly adhere to the mantra that

The SMALLEST act of KINDNESS

is worth much more than the GRANDEST of INTENTIONS.
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2014, 08:06 PM
After visiting kos a few years ago and seeing all the street dogs, I always said I wanted to save a dog from another country as id already saved one from the UK. So I now have Eva & Desire
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I consider I 'saved' Bella as I went against all my lifetime avowals never to buy any animal from a 'pet shop' and lecturing everyone else not to.

But if you'd seen her, in a tiny cage, with a bigger one who had bitten her ears til they bled ... oh well I am sure you can picture it. AND I had my darling daughter with me who'd seen them in the window and dragged me there. She wanted to 'save them both' but hell I can't take the other one who is torturing the one I feel sorry for?

Long story after that. Pleased to say he is out of business now. And I reported the 'vet' (use that term loosely) who was in cahoots with him.

So yeah really I 'rescued' a dog from abroad - difference is I paid pedigree price for her and kept her abroad! She is worth every penny. Best thing I ever did was go along to that pet shop to lecture my daughter on the perils of buying animals from petshops and supporting puppy farms etc.

Now I am just the little runt's butler really.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 05:19 AM
I never have to take in poop for a fecal sample. The vets simply get the poo from the dog. They take a big swab looking thingy and UP the chute it goes.

This is the best way to get a fresh sample IMO with nothing possibly getting in that may alter results and without anybody having to fiddle with bags and whatnot.

Downside is that the dog has to endure a moment of discomfort, and some dogs react differently to this than others. Nigredo was perfectly fine, and since Jade has to be muzzled to be examined anyway, not all that big a deal.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2