Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
The usual Sunday for me but only 6 and a baby for lunch Roast pork etc and the because it's my sons birthday in the week we are having chocolate birthday cake for pud
Helena have you got the wind it's blowing a hooley here.
Rosebud you mean you still have a piece of dry grass to put the sheep on? lucky you
Ah, THAT is why he brought her here!

He gave me that corner of the field for a garden you see... A huge blessing that the house is on a rise and that corner is so well drained..

I was slow there! Ah well, he will now cut more wood for me so that is fine..!

he is about to put sheep up here, miles from where he lives; last time he did that a dog went berserk but the house was empty then and probably my dogs will deter that. One collie arrived here, wild looking critter, but took one look at my two and fled.

All his usual pasture is sodden and played out. The farmers are having a hard time and apparently the govt have run out of money for them.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Bonjour, hope to find ears, paws and all points twixt are on the improve, Rosebud I hope your little Blackie makes it. Had early walkies today so now its time for Brekkies although there is limited joy in wholemeal toast, I shall close my eyes and think of rashers, mushrooms dripping in golden melted butter and fried slice I dont think it will help but I can but try. Just had to break off to see what the kerfuffle and racket was outside the back door, turns out it was my local robin sitting well out of reach high up in the honeysuckle playing merry twittering hell at The MMemsahib's favourite kitty (he is called Fecto and is old, fat, black with white trim, and very spoilt) he has NO chance of catching anything other than fleas but Rocky robin doesnt know this and his giving him heaps of feathered abuse. Admittedly for his part fluffy Fecto isnt helping by sitting there staring at at said robin using the squeezy eyes technique with much tail swishing and doubtless much by way of sinister thoughts. Never a dull moment we are indeed easily amused up here on t'moors. Weather is its usually casual mix of grimness and greyness in about equal proportions. Bye fer now!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Morning

I hope Zena's ear is better today Helena - that must be awful to hear her scream.

I hope Jimmi's paw improves too Sally. What a worry. Loki still chews his paws/legs and it makes him limp sometimes.

I hope Jenny and Nippy have lovely lunches with your family today.

Decorating Madmare. Yeuck! I need to do that too but OH 'forgets' to get the stuff out from the back of the garage for me.

Larry Miller was brilliant last night! We asked him to sign a cd and he put on a message for Michael ("keep rocking") because Michael loves his guitar playing and I hugged him!

I want to see him again but he might think I'm stalking him.

Did I mention I hugged Larry Miller?

Loki is very quiet this morning - I think he's tired after a late night.

Carys is off to a birthday lunch this afternoon and we have to get a present for her Godmother.

Have a lovely Sunday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Morning to everyone I missed whilst I was out walking, and what a glorious walk we had up on the clifftops, bit blowy though, and going out we had the wind behind us blowing us Downhill which of course, meant coming back UP the blinkin hills we had the full force of it against us

Yes Jen, blowing a hooley here today too, but thankfully, still dry. Enjoy a lovely lunch with all the family, especially that chocolate cake, mmmmm

Jenny, enjoy your lunch today too with all your family visitors, and I do hope Flash is ok today. Yes, Zena's ear is much, much better today, she didn't scream quite so much when I cleaned it and applied the ointment. She must hate me, but being a clever girlie, she does know it's for her own good cos she always licks me afterwards

Gill, thanks for reminding me I've got a pile of ironing sitting in the cupboard here Have a lovely day after it's all finished then.

Gordon, maybe there's something a bit more exciting on the menu for lunch there?

Linda, stop stalking that poor man! Hope Loki perks up later and that Carys enjoys her birthday party. I'm sure the bed will be piled high with clothes before she finally decides the right thing to wear

Emmis, enjoy the mucking out and the run afterwards, I think I'd rather be getting on that horse for a bit of exercise.

Bev, enjoy having your mum and dad round today and good luck with that loo, it sounds pretty grim, definitely in need of a make over if you can manage it, but probably twice with a colour like that.

Rosebud, enjoy a nice quiet day, no markets to go to yet then with all the knitting? Good luck with the little black ewe, your garden is a lovely safe haven for her I'm sure.

Hi again Lynn, have a lovely day with Gorden before he sets off again tomorrow like Dave will.

Hi to Moyra, Lynne, Elaine, June, Norma, Eileen, Malka for when you pop in when I've disappeared, and everyone else I've forgotten, cos I do forget ya know.

Dave loaded the car up with piles of rubbish from the bathroom project and he's gone off to the tip and to have a browse around in Wickes and B&Q. Highlight of his life, a trip out to Wickes Mind you, mine isn't much more exciting with my Dunelms and Sainsbury's trips, sad old life when you get old isn't it.

Roast beef in the oven, just about to chuck the tatties in and I've got a fencing chap coming at 12 to give us a price for spiking the rotting posts out the back. I've got a figure in my head here, but no doubt he'll double that.

Enjoy your Sunday all, I'll pop back in later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Sorry LS, who is Larry Miller?

Hubby was late home this morning and I was starting to worry. Then hubby came flying, in grabbed a bucket of water, said I'll tell you about it in a minute and off he went up the road.
Apparently a neighbour aged 97 fell sideways against a low wall and split his head open, quite literally. Hubby stayed with him til the ambulance came and then came in for a bucket of water to wash away the blood from the white wall!
We are waiting to hear how the old gent is
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I shall close my eyes and think of rashers, mushrooms dripping in golden melted butter and fried slice
'morning Gordon,
Yes I do that when I'm having my porridge with fruit which I do every morning mind you if the Scots dessert us I might go back to fried egg and mushrooms in protest

I see you've picked up the batton of representing the men members on here, I used to post every day but sadly an upcomming house move, more work on line, and prepping the campervan ready for the first trip of the year means I don't (usually) have time to post, today being Sunday 'tho I thought I'd make the effort I do still get to read most daily posts even if it is a speed reading exercise

Hope all of the regulars are well and all doglets. Very pleased to read your post today Lynn. Hugs to wonder dog (Zena) and all th other cannines especially those with sore paws, upset tummies, and anything of a medical problem. If only they could tell what was wrong.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone had a shorter walk today and it is blowy here too Helena.
Did you say you hugged Larry Miller Linda ?
I hope Carys enjoys the party.
Morning Gordon hopefully lunch will be mire exciting than breakfast.
Jenny Nippy I hope the old gent is ok. Must of shocked OH.
Everyone I have missed have a nice Sunday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi Harvey, nice to see you popping in again, I think Gordon might need a bit of back up here and there

Oh Jen, I hope that poor old man is going to be ok, what an age to be out and about walking though

Hi Lynn, glad you've had a nice walk with Dillon, and I promise not to each too much of that ice cream

Dave's returned home, armed with a new tablet, hmmmm, never said he was going into Currys, I might have gone with him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2014, 12:02 PM
LOL Helena, thats probably why he didn't tell you, because it wouldn't have just been a table you came back with, then again Curry's may be on the same site as Wicks or B&Q and he went in for a mooch round.
Very grey here and keeps trying to rain. Forgot to take Keshi's brand new half check collar off last night, and there it is on the yard this morning, well the bits of it are.
Exactly what Cariad, Lona and Mabs do, well Cariad has somehow managed to keep her's intact for over a year now, with Keshi having a fluffy coat I really don't want to put a check chain on her, but I'm going to have to because thats the only thing that doesn't get eaten if I forget to take it off when they come in from walks. They're on gentle leaders anyway when they go out, was hoping Keshi had outgrown the collar eating but obviously not, then again could be one of the others eating it, they wouldn't DARE even look at Cariad and her half check sideways never mind take it off and eat it!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Morning all (okay okay, it's actually afternoon, but I had a long lie, didn't get up till a little while ago).

Helena, what a shame about Zena's ear, poor baby. Hopefully she is feeling better.

Gordon, fry up isn't all it's cracked up to be. Better off with the toast to be honest;p At least that's what you should tell yourself Love the image of your slightly overweight moggy trying to intimidate a Robin. They aren't intimidated easily

I've recovered after yesterday, no sore hips thank goodness. Just watching TV for a little while before I start on the TMA. My tutor, bless his cotton socks has given me an extension so I am going to have a go at it and see if I can do something better with it than I did previously.

So today is going to be spent doing that, after I have coffee and feed the animals.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »