Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Want to reply but I'm getting ready to go look for my "wedding dress" so I don't have much time

Hope to post pics later .
Byeeeeee
Good luck with your wedding hunt

Have a good day everyone....
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Good morning er good afternoon all
Had a quick skim through the last couple of days
Hope all are well and all poorly human and woofers gat better soon
Good luck to all those on missions today ,wedding dresses. Clean ups ,sorting outs, family visits ,dog waks
Our visitors who arrived Sunday have now left couple we've ,known for yonks along with their wee dog ,
Amazing how this wee shrimp of a thing of dubious parentage could keep 5 big dogs in order ,no growling,barking just the Look
Audible sigh of relief from the M's when he left the building
Tidy up beds stripped washing in machine ,no chance of getting them
out to dry ,damp and dismal here ,not doing much else ,
Away to have a good read through with a coffee
Hope everyone has a good day
Take care and stay safe
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Norma that sounds so funny

Been ironing for a bit, having a coffee break before starting on the next lot. There's still quite a lot to do but thankfully I don't have to go out till much later so can spend today just getting it caught up with. There's tons of it!

Davie is tidying his room, supposedly. Not sure how he's getting on, going to check on him in a while.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Afternoon all

Oh Norma you do make me laugh I bet you're breathing a big sigh of relief too. Must have been quite a strain on you ordering everyone about with the *look*

Well, I did go down to the park, did the offlead section first but cos it was only 7.30 there was nobody about, which pleased me immensely. Zena was on her toes, but I kept her onlead, it does her good to do a bit of lead walking like this especially along the bit where the main road is quite close, I don't think I've ever done that with her in busy traffic, but she was fine as always. Then I did the onlead bit and the first thing I see is a bluddy lurcher thing offlead with two people miles away just chatting amongst themselves, so under my breath (or maybe a bit louder cos it is me remember, gobby!) I said "oh I see, it's one rule for us and another rule for you then" I avoided them and took the top pathway, went past all 3 lakes and then I see a staffie careering around on the grass with a young couple again offlead Now this is a place I feel safe, because I have to pass people on narrow pathways, so when it says onlead you'd blinking well think they'd know that wouldn't you. Anyhoo, I detoured again around one of the little lakes with all the ducks sitting on the grass, which Zena totally ignores for some strange reason, cos she's never actually seen ducks before, but then she's good with the birdies in the garden. As I came past one of the onlead dog signs, I went over to read it, and it said dogs onlead between 0.800 and 16.00 Oooops blooming good job I didn't actually confront any of those people isn't it, I would have felt a right plank

Came home, and set off to collect the bit of worktop, and have a quick browse around Asda's. That was nice, all relaxed cos I was out early and wasn't in a rush.

I've got an e-mail from somebody wanting to rent the small van from September until the following July, and this is just what I want for that van, but they're trying to bait me down I'm playing polka with them and calling their bluff and sticking to my guns. I've told them I will reduce it to their price if they pay for the gas, so I'm just waiting for them to get back to me. That's a result if they take it cos I don't want 2 anymore for holiday lettings, it's too much like hard work every Saturday with the change overs.

Lynn I hope you're having a lovely time today and a nice lunch out, that's just the tonic you need.

Jen, a wedding dress?? I must have missed something here, or maybe you're the mother of the bride of grandma of the bride. Hope you find what you like and at the right price.

Jenny, still no car on your drive yet then Good luck with the silt shifting when it comes to it. You can't brush it surely it's too wet, you'll be doing your back in. Get the pressure washer out and work it all the way down back into the river at the bottom of the garden. Enjoy a lovely sunny walk with the boys.

Eileen, same here, I got quite hot on my morning walk, I had to take my jacket off. Does that mean spring might have sprung then? Hope you're better today.

Lorraine, glad you got up feeling much better, it's the warm bed that did that, so keep yourself warm today and it'll be a lot better.

Thanks all for the Dave commiserations, I'm sure he'll come to terms somehow.

I hung my new slats on one of the patio verticals last night, drove me nuts, so fiddly, and then it wouldn't turn I had to u-tube the problem, turns out they were the wrong way around, so I had to undo the little, fiddly chains along the bottom on both sides and turn them around, and now they work yayyyy

DD I hope you're enjoying having your parents there with lots of lovely walks, bit of shopping maybe and some dinners out. Hopefully, it isn't raining, but I think you said they brought our rain with them?!

Hi Moyra, Lynne, June and anyone else who pops in when I've left.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Just back from the bone run, got stuck in the most appalling traffic on the way there, an ambulance came zooming down, so decided there must have been an accident, which I can live with. Kept crawling along, doing about 10 mph, after half an hour, with no sign of any accident whatsoever, we get to the turn off for the Trafford Centre, and miracles of miracles, traffic clears immediately
Have been racing the weather on the way back, but to no avail, its now raining - again - not the heavy stuff thank goodness, but means can't risk taking the girls out because my sore rib is for some reason now hurting up my back and along by my shoulder blade, am scared of slipping in the mud, and finishing the job off properly. Then again, it may be because I went up by the track alongside the railway yesterday afternoon and brought a full shavings sack of logs down I'm sick of paying through the nose for half a dozen pathetic pieces of wood masquerading as logs, but I think I shouldn't have done it.
Tomorrow the car goes in for a service, will take me an hour to get back by bus, only 15 mins in the car, but forecast for tomorrow is good, so they WILL be out tomorrow.
Youngest son rang to say he too got tied up in traffic and has had to rearrange all his appointments, so won't make it to me this afternoon to help me get all the bagged shavings to the tip, so that is going to be Thursday now.
Took me ages to carry them all outside the back gate and pile them up there!!!! Well they can stay there till Thursday, I am not bringing them back in, it hurts!!!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Morning all..... Happy Tuesday!!

No earth shattering plans today, I am working!! took Mum and Dad shopping yesterday and everything was 70% off in the shop we went to , Mum got 3 pairs of trousers and 2 tops, lovely!! she got a gorgeous quilted body warmer for $9 reduced over time from an original price of $49.99,,she was MOST excited!!

I think today she has to take up the 3 pairs of trousers she brought as she has short legs. They are quite happy pottering around whilst I am working, we will take the doglets for a walk etc..

YES Helena they did bring the rain, we haven't had rain like this all winter typical, however we are taking them on a road trip this weekend and the forecast is for dry and mild, Thank goodness!!!!

Well have a great day everyone, will try to pop in later, hope all poorlies are feeling better, or at least a bit better!! and pleased that the levels are dropping Jenny xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Arrrgggghhh Totally fed up now
What a load of rubbish.
What I have seen today my Granny (long dead now) wouldn't ever have worn. Awful.
Anyway I've got 12 weeks til the wedding so I am hoping the springwear will be around before that.
Other than that what do you think of;
http://www.witt-international.co.uk/...leevelessDress
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Aww June it's taking ages for your rib to heal isn't it. It must be so frustrating for you. So much you need to do & can't get it done.
Sorry to hear about Dave losing his buyer Helena as the others have said there will be someone out there that wants it. I hope they come forward soon though for his sake. Great news about the small van. Just what you want.
Hope you enjoy your lunch & catchup Lynn it should make you feel better being able to have a moan to a good friend.
Have you found your posh frock yet Nippy Jenny. I do hope so.
It's quite mild here as well. Ben out with just a fleece on - first time for months. We did have a little shower though.
I went to Liverpool this morning for a ride. I was only there an hour & half though. Only bought some moisturiser from Aldi - that I could have got in town & went for a coffee & came home. Still it got me out for a bit.
Having a coffee now & then going to attack the ironing ( I think )
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I love that dress Jenny Very classy. BUY IT.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Ohhh Nippy Jen, that is lovely!!!! We have lots of Spring clothes hitting the stores here, shall I send a selection back with the Olds for you to try??
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »