View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-01-2014, 10:03 AM
How is Loki this morning? I hope you both had a peaceful and sz-free night. (((hugs))) xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Only the one fit, and my fingers are crossed! She went into the bathroom to sleep about 2 am this morning and I kept getting up to check on her and give her water. She is sleeping in the kitchenette now and has taken her breakfast and loads of water - and her meds! I didn't give her any extra phenol, or potassium bromide, just her normal dose.

Many thanks everyone for your wishes for Loki, she says thank you as well.

xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Sorry Brandykins. Hope she is okay now. Sorry for the late reply, as well.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Aw many thanks, MF I have always thought it was all the wishes from everyone, including yourself, for Loki I get on here that helps her - they certainly do help me.

Many thanks MF and Everyone xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm so pleased to hear it has just been the one so far. Fingers crossed it stops there. What dose of pheno is she on now?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Thank you Linda - she is on two 60 gms of phenol in the morning and two 60 gms in the evening. Her Potassium Bromide is 60 gms and she has one of those in the morning and one in the evening. Last year, the vet decided to cut her pheno back to one 100 gms morning and evening, but two days later she took 4 fits!! So I put her back on the larger dose and told the vet I didn't want to change them! Better safe than sorry!

I will need to get the vet up to cut her nails. She still won't go out and her nails are getting a wee bit too long for my liking! Will get him up at the end of the month.

She is happy though and I get my cuddles and licks from her

Thanks again Linda and hugs to cousin Loki xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Rose, do you mean 60 mg? My Loki is on the same phenobarbital - 4 x 60 mg a day = 120 mg in the morning and 120 mg in the evening

Potassium bromide - 325 mg in the morning and 650 mg in the evening.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
How much do both Loki's weigh? Pereg has gained weight again SIGH and was up to 18.2kg last November, and I was wondering because after she broke her streak we gradually increased her Pb from 65mg TID [195mg/day] to a total of 265mg/day, which is more than both of yours have. She is not on Kbr though.

Anyhow I have been slowly reducing it again since the results of her last blood test as her Pb level was slightly elevated, and as of this last Monday she is back to the 65mg TID.

The increases did not seem to make any difference, not has the reduction appear to have made any difference, so if she is going to carry on seizing - which she will as and when the wires in her brain short-circuit - she might as well stay on the lower dose. But I did do the reduction very slowly with two weeks in between each slight reduction.

Next blood test due next month.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes Linda - that's what I mean I was reading their address I need new specs! Should go to Specsavers

Loki is on 325 mg Potassium Bromide mornings and evenings!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-01-2014, 05:19 PM
My Loki's weight last year was 45 k (hope I have that right - I am useless with that weight!) I think though she is a lot heavier now, even although I don't give her much kibble - just 3 handsfuls with some tuna in a little sunflower oil. When she is fitting though, I give her mashed up chicken breasts in cold water (cooked chicken breasts) - easier for her to eat and she gets water at the same time! That goes back to when she first took her fits (before her first birthday) when she took so many clusters! Don't know how I would have coped with Linda, June and everyone's help and encouragement on here! I am forever grateful!

The meds put on weight - as I asked the vet and told him I was not overfeeding her. I will get the vet to give her her blood test when I get him up at the end of the month.

I also give Loki a Milk Thistle capsule after her morning meds. A tip given to me by June and Linda.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >