Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Morning all windy and wettish here.

Off out shortly

Lynn sounds stressful with Dillion. I do not suppose you getting stressed helps his behaviour however his behaviour causes the stress a vicious circle really hope you find a solution. Would something like a filled kong not settle him.
Moetmum Happy birthday to your cousin.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone, Well last night wasn't as bad as we expected. Not so much rain but the wind was pretty hairy. Hope everyone else is ok. Have a good day everyone and stay safe. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Morning all
Good heavens this wind, it's still tremendous.
I hope Dillon will be better today. I think there is so much going on and their routine is so upset that it upsets them. I think that was what was wrong with Pepsi anyway.
Bev I have had so many bad reports of Talk Talk but I have to say I have never had a minutes trouble with BT and I have been with them about 12 years now.
As far as I know we aren't having any visitors today and I am no doing ANY cooking! It's "if-it's" today, if it's there you can eat it if not then you do without
Have a good day everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Morning all

I hope you all had a very good and enjoyable Christmas,we had a wonderful time,bit strange in that we had lunch for tea and then opened the pressies to fit in with Luke's work hours.I felt pretty spoilt on christmas day,O/H brought me an Ipad Air amongst other pressies

The weather is pretty wild here at the moment,having a hopefully quiet day today,Luke & Lizzie are both at work and I am waiting for the hire car to be dropped off because some plank hit our month old car last weekend causing a fair bit of damage to it,so there supposed to be picking it up today to repair it.

Have a good day all and stay safe xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Morning

Just a quickie because I'm off with Loki - very late today!

I hope Dillon improves today. Loki was sick this morning but it's probably because he was chewing his legs.

It's very windy today - I hope everyone is safe.

Bye for now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone who has followed. I think Dillons problem is he is quite hyper young dog and as Malka has mentioned Ollie because he was so ill was quiet.
He has some time to do so some more growing up before their next visit hopefully in the spring.
He is zonked out now and no more sickness.

Sally sorry to hear about your new car.
We have it windy here too so I hope everyone stays safe.

I on the other hand had an accident in the kitchen while cooking their breakfast. I have burnt my right hand quite badly. I had a frying pan of oil on the go ready for the tomatoes and saw it smoking and forgot I had put the oil in there and whipped it off the cooker thinking the pan would burn and the oil as I whipped it up went all over my hand.
The pain made me feel very sick. Gorden was walking Dillon so Mark finished breakfast. I run it under the cold tap and Tracey said to keep it wrapped in cling film.
She took a look at it before they left and said to keep an eye on it as it is between my thumb and across the back of my hand and underneath. She works in a hospital.
Mark has given me strict instructions too be careful and make sure it starts to heal properly. Good job Gorden is home for a while.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Ouch Lynn, that sounds really painful whatever you do don't put anything like butter on it which used to be an old wive's tail, if anything, you need flour or something and then the cling film. I remember that's what they did to my whole arm once at the hospital when I burnt it all badly on a steaming cup of black coffee, and then they bandaged it but it still all bubbled up and the pain was horrendous. Keep it dry as you can. If somebody fancies a trip to the chemist for you they do a burn spray which I always had in the kitchen in the first aid kit. Never used it, but I know they do it, might be worth a trip out to get some if it's really painful. You poor old thing, oil is the worst

I took Zena up on the clifftops, because I could get away from the wind down in the dip where the fields are, and then on into the woods. It normally drains well up there, but the grass was sodden I had to be really careful walking down the slope there. Zena had a fab time and we almost had the whole place to ourselves.....wonder why

Came home and Dave had taken out the sink in the bathroom and re-erected it in the corner temporarily where the new vanity unit is going. He needed to get it moved cos he wants to get the bath in place to do the pipework cos that too will have moved its position in there.

I've been ironing, then cleaning, and now I've sat down here I'm going to sort out my website.

LOL Jen I like that kind of day you're having there with the food - might try that here I've chucked a couple of jackets in the oven, and I'm deciding what to have with them

Hi Sal, nice to see you popping in today, but sorry to hear about your new car.

LOL at you Cath turning all sensible after 1 1/2 bottles or red I'd have stopped long before then, but then I'm not used to it, I only drink at Christmas or when we go out (which is never!).

Lynn, glad to hear Dillon hasn't been sick again, maybe somebody sneaked him something he shouldn't have had yesterday with all the family around, you never know. Glad he's ok now anyway.

Well, this won't get the website sorted, better make a move, enjoy your day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Glad you and Zena had a nice but precarious walk.
Definitely keeping it dry Helena. Tracey says I have to be careful of the bits in the seams they will be the worrying bits they get moist.

I had olive oil in the pan and Tracey was saying that is better to be burnt with than vegetable or sunflower oil Something to do with the structure.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Good morning friends,

I was up with the lark this morning but once the dogs had been in the garden we all went back to sleep until around 7.30 .... a lie in The good news is that the River Wey flood levels have subsided considerably and we can now get cars out of the estate providing we go very very slowly. There is still one flooded bit but only about 6" deep.

Flash was meant to be having his Lorien implant this morning but I have put it off until next Monday as I didn't know what today would throw at us in case the levels suddenly rose again or trees came down etc.

The bad news is the crown that I had to have re-cemented in about a month ago has all but come out again My dentist practice is closed until 2nd January but there was an emergency mobile number to dial. I spoke to a lovely dentist (who sounded about 12) and I said if anyone else phones in with an emergency and he has to open up the surgery anyway, could he call me. He just has and I'm going in at 1.30. (£100) emergency fee but to be honest I really don't want this gap for another week

OH has just come for a walk with me ... roads still very wet but we avoided any flood water due to the sewage that could be lurking.

Sal Sorry to hear about your new car You must have been understandably livid. I too got an Ipad Air from our son and I love it
Lynn I hope Dillon is OK now after being sick. OMG your burn must be so painful. Do keep an eye on it though because its so easy to get infections in burnt skin. I haven't caught up on last nights thread yet but hope your meal went well. I'll take a looksie when I've posted this.
Helena I wonder where your choice of walk was today .... muddy, wet, windy woods or risking your life up on the cliff top ..... decisions, decisions
Nippy I hope you enjoy a rare day of no cooking
Bev good luck with the internet connection sorry to hear about the fencing

I hope everyone stays safe in the stormy weather gain today. It is windy (and also raining now) but nothing like the other night.

I forgot to say our heating went off this morning but thankfully OH has managed to get it going again. For some strange/ominous reason the pump that pumps the oil up to the house had stopped

See you all later and keep safe.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Morning all

Lynn, poor Dillon, hope he feels better soon. Look after that hand, sounds a nasty burn.

Sounds like everyone had a bit of a breezy night last night. Hope you are all safe and that there is no more flooding.

I had a quiet night last night, although Brian came home, poor sod had a bad gallstone attack. He took a painkiller and some food and was okay after a wee while thank goodness. He looked ruddy awful when he came in though.

Iona slept right through till 9am, which was fantastic. However, we still have to work on learning to poo outside!

That's where she slept for most of the night...
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »