Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well I did try, I'm not that great at being assertive with my family..and they were dropping round oresents as it's my birthday today.

Happy birthday, did they buy you a carpet shampooer?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
Happy birthday Catrin xx
Thank you.
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Happy birthday, did they buy you a carpet shampooer?
Thank you...err no they didn't. But I'm supposed to be getting a steam cleaner for Christmas.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 10:53 PM
This has happened to me before, as well. Neighbor's son visited her and let his Chihuahua out of the car... who (being an irritating little thing) bolted straight into our yard and attacked my cat, who I was out there with.

We know the Chihuahua (named Nacho), and he never did anything while Brownie (my previous Lab mix) was out there to guard the cats, but I was supervising them alone that time.

Fortunately, my cat is 15 lbs and the Chihuahua was maybe 8 lbs? And her little kitty friend, who is a mere 9 lbs but a MEAN little thing ganged up on Chi and he went bolting back to daddy.

Annoying! Happy Birthday BTW!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
This has happened to me before, as well. Neighbor's son visited her and let his Chihuahua out of the car... who (being an irritating little thing) bolted straight into our yard and attacked my cat, who I was out there with.

We know the Chihuahua (named Nacho), and he never did anything while Brownie (my previous Lab mix) was out there to guard the cats, but I was supervising them alone that time.

Fortunately, my cat is 15 lbs and the Chihuahua was maybe 8 lbs? And her little kitty friend, who is a mere 9 lbs but a MEAN little thing ganged up on Chi and he went bolting back to daddy.

Annoying! Happy Birthday BTW!!
Grrrrr! Thank goodness your cats stood up for themselves!

Camba's a sweet dog, but I haven't seen him for a long time and he loves me so the whole combination of events was never going to be a good thing.

Thank you. Moving on to Christmas now.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy Birthday! But cor, presents or no, that's rather a lot up with which to put. I know it's easy to say, hard to do, but do try to be assertive. Neither you nor your family, dogs included, deserve to be bullied in your own home.

Edit: also, there is no excuse for not learning how to use a long lead!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Happy Birthday! But cor, presents or no, that's rather a lot up with which to put. I know it's easy to say, hard to do, but do try to be assertive. Neither you nor your family, dogs included, deserve to be bullied in your own home.

Edit: also, there is no excuse for not learning how to use a long lead!
Very true. I'm pretty certain they won't do it again..and I certainly won't be answering the door with both dogs behind me again. I'm considering sticking a sign to the door asking people to wait while I get the dogs in the kitchen. Tonks knows what 'kitchen' means but Remus hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Just be careful when you do! A 'Beware Of Dog' sign can be used by prosecution of admission of guilt if you are broken into and your dog nips the burglars, apparently.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2