register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Lovely morning here, well its not raining anyway, and no rain forecast till this afternoon, when I have my couple who never made it last week coming over again. Not going to be that wonderful weatherwise for them, so hope the motorway doesn't get jammed again, the particular stretch they are coming in on is notorious, and I just won't drive up there, if anyone wants me to go that way they have to come and get me.
Just been doing a few jobs, now having brekkie and girlies will be going out in around another hour while we have a bit of dryness, then I will try and get them tidied up if I can.
Have found a text from youngest son saying he wants to come over this afternoon to sort my computer out (he was supposed to have been here last Friday but never appeared) so have told him my only free day this week is tomorrow, then Monday, Thursday and Friday next week, and he needs to get a move on because they'll be taken soon, he must think I sit here all day waiting for visitors!!!
Malka hope you feel a bit better after another sleep. All the upset with Pereg yesterday must have knocked you for six, and was so pleased to see from the other thread she is back to herself again
Moet, lovely you are back again on t'interweb. So glad you never got blown away in that caravan,surely its warmer to be in the house in the winter.
Helena, will your hairdresser be happy he's got a 9am appointment to colour your hair, he seems to blow very hot and cold, and thats not just the drier!!! I had one once where she wasn't a 'morning person' to put it mildly, I was really pleased when she went on maternity and I had an excellent excuse to change to someone else in the salon, and when I finally manage to get myself back there with money in my purse, I really hope he is still there!!!
Pat, did your hour go on or off, can't remember when it happened for you, was it the same time as us Still sounds idyllic there, nice and warm and no freezing wet weather to contend with.
Moyra can Steve not run you to the hospital, I have the same scenario with my youngest son, the way we do it is he comes over here, then I take him to the hospital, take him back here when he is done, then he stays here till his eyes are focusing properly again.
Have a lovely walk Jenny, nice to hear it is dry and calm down there after the last few days you've had
Bev I hope you get the insurance onside with you, the whole thing is ridiculous. Have you got a fire you can switch on rather than just relying on heating. Can someone lend you a calor gas heater or an electric fire if you don't have one.
Nippy, bet is beautiful down there, doesn't matter if its cold or not, the views are gorjus and it still won't be as cold there as it is oooop norf!!!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Morning all...

Hope the the hair bloke does a good job this time Helena, it might be his last chance, Bella does make me laugh, I think of her as a big dog in a little dog body So sorry you are having probs still Bev, I think I still would have the freezer plugged in, as I think they have only "advised" which is different to "telling" you, you have to unplug it. I think that is what they will use against you. Hope you get some answers. Hope the eyes behave and get a good result, the bread is rising, the washing is drying, must put some in....the sun is shining and the flippin harvest mites are all destroyed!! we need a good frost!!!

Hope Lynn is getting settled and soon comes back to put us all out of our suspense...

Special Hugs to Malka and Pereg xx

Not much on here, just the hoovering, dusting,a daily task with having five dogs in.

We are having a "crisis" going on with my nephew and girlfriend troubles.... of course we know nothing of teen tribulations and they are only sixteen and seventeen....

I am meeting my mate for coffee this afternoon and I will be taking her some bones for her dogs too.

But first more tea and toast.....

ETA TW, you snuck on, hope the visitors arrive safely later. I think eversuffering husband thinks I just sit and wait for him to ring me, when I dont answer the phone, I get "well where were you??" DUH... I do do stuff you know....
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm about to take the dogs out for a longer walk as could only squeeze in a half hour one this morning before popping in on a friend for coffee ... which was lovely. I've done the shopping and once the dogs have been out again (while the sun is out) I want to strip the chicken carcass down from Sunday evening and make some soup.

Hi to everyone who has posted and I hope you all enjoy your day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Girliebyker every time you mention your 'eversuffering' husband you make me laugh!

Also makes me glad I've only got the Tyrranical Minpin to contend with!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Back from the hospital and passed both tests. The pressure is at last down so the drops I put in daily are definitely doing their work. I cannot rely on Steve being available to run me to the hospital as normally he would be working. Also, I cannot get up into his van it is too high for me with my gammy legs.

I hope you all have this lovely sunshine we are experiencing at the moment it is glorious. Enjoy your day, God bless.

Anyway still no news from Lynn?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Good morning/afternoon everyone

Pleased to hear from everyone and hope that all your days are going well, hugs to Malka and Pereg and hope you are getting in some snoozes and feeling ok.

How is the hair Helen Van hertz rental Baroness?

Today I am walking with my friend and then we are "doing lunch" and I am trying to get my garden all tidied up for the winter, and making the most of my last week of freedom before I start my new job.

Don't know what the weather holds for us today as it is pitch black outside.. Daisy and Tilly are still in bed snoring away!! hard life isn't it!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Sat waiting for my prospective puppy owners and they've just rung to say they're 10 minutes away.
Thought you'd like to see Mabs at 7 weeks pregnant

Here she is last week (6 weeks)

and the week before that (5 weeks)

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Heating and hot water is now fixed so I can at last wash my hair and have a shower again, it took a couple more phone calls but they finally got here.

Beko have rung and an engineer is coming out between 7am and 9am Monday to make my fridge freezer safe before I go to work. I am very pleased with how promptly they have acted after reading lots of horror stories of people who waited weeks and weeks.
The elderly lady next door and the elderly couple over the road have rescued my frozen food between them just as some bits had started to thaw. I only had to chuck a few bits.

I see still no sign of Lynn so I will go and text her now and get an update.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Heating and hot water is now fixed so I can at last wash my hair and have a shower again, it took a couple more phone calls but they finally got here.

Beko have rung and an engineer is coming out between 7am and 9am Monday to make my fridge freezer safe before I go to work. I am very pleased with how promptly they have acted after reading lots of horror stories of people who waited weeks and weeks.
The elderly lady next door and the elderly couple over the road have rescued my frozen food between them just as some bits had started to thaw. I only had to chuck a few bits.

I see still no sign of Lynn so I will go and text her now and get an update.
Ohhhh GOOD NEWS and so happy your frozen food is safe!! enjoy your shower!!

TW - LOVE those piccies she is blooming!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I stupidly thought I'd make the most of our last dry day for a while and cut the grass ..... of course once I'd started I had to finish and it was a nightmare . I ended up having to cut it twice as the poor mower kept clogging and leaving clumps of wet squashed grass everywhere. Every other stripe I had to turn the thing off and shove my hand into its belly and unclog the blade and surround. It has taken me over an hour and half but at least its done My hands are still green and the backside of my jeans where I kept wiping my hands are green too ... "does my b*m look big in these jeans" ... yes even bigger 'cos they are highlighted in green

Moyra - Great news that you passed both eye tests and can hopefully forget about it for a while now. My brother had his glaucoma test last week and his diabetes eye test this week ... both involved putting the drops in to dilate the pupils.
Girliebiker - Like Pat your mention of your OH always makes me laugh.
June - Fantastic photos of Mabs and what a difference from the fit lithe body she normally has I hope she makes a wonderful Mum and not long to wait now
Bev -What a relief for you to have your hot water and heating back on again. Great news that your new neighbours have been able to help out storing your frozen food.

Both my sons are off to Stratford (East end of London and not Upon Avon) for a launch night for Movember with a load of the big name rugby stars ... lucky devils

I was so hoping that the lad from Cyprus who has been DNA tested was going to be Ben Needham , but the results are back negative

See you all later.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »