Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
My dogs live in outside kennels, but they are not imprisoned behind mesh, they are kept spotless with clean shavings down and I'd be shamed if they looked like that
And I think, from what you've said before, your puppies get to experience indoor life and all the noises and smells of a home before they go to their forever homes?

Personally I would never keep dogs outside because I like them in my home but I bet these conditions are a million miles from how your dogs live. Also your dogs are far more suited to living outside compared to small less hardy breeds aren't they?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Hope they have been rescued, I would think they have actually because it has been timed so exactly right
It sounds like someone local knew they were going to be otherwise engaged that day, hopefully it's someone who has tried to help the dogs the legal way and has given up and done it the underhand way.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 09:43 PM
They are born in the house and then live in the kitchen for the first 4 weeks, then go outside during the day and back in at night for a couple of weeks before being outside full time.
However 'outside' means heat lamps, rubber matting and fresh shavings down, also insulated kennels with insulated floors, not exactly roughing it!!!
I think given the right conditions any dog can live outside, my dobies all did, but they have to be warm and dry and properly fed and kept clean.
Also they go out regularly and I train, so they don't sit looking at the same 4 walls day in day out.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:46 PM
They are born in the house and then live in the kitchen for the first 4 weeks, then go outside during the day and back in at night for a couple of weeks before being outside full time.
However 'outside' means heat lamps, rubber matting and fresh shavings down, also insulated kennels with insulated floors, not exactly roughing it!!!
I think given the right conditions any dog can live outside, my dobies all did, but they have to be warm and dry and properly fed and kept clean.
Also they go out regularly and I train, so they don't sit looking at the same 4 walls day in day out.
And you can tell by those pictures that the same could not be said for those puppies. Bloody Daily Fail completely missed the point there. I bet they have been liberated rather than stolen.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:46 PM
TW,you're dogs don't live in kennels They live in hotels
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
TW,you're dogs don't live in kennels They live in hotels
It's probably actually cleaner conditions than my dogs who live inside live in! Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 09:48 PM
My friends refer to them as Palaces
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 09:50 PM
That Dog Rescue the other day with all that poo left lying about, eugh. The only time poo stays down longer than an hour or so without being cleared up is overnight!!!!
I bet that yard and kennels has never seen disinfectant or bleach!!!!
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Like I said before, I know that some dogs are kennel dogs and live happy lives and it seems that you provide your dogs with everything they need to do exactly that

But I do disagree that any dog can be a kennel dog. Mine would never make it. And some dogs are just way to attached to their people to be kennel dogs. We had a German shepherd when I was a kid that hated the county life and my Cody wouldn´t even sleep in a tent with me. She was insulted and took a beeline for the bed inside the house the next morning
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by IceCody View Post
Like I said before, I know that some dogs are kennel dogs and live happy lives and it seems that you provide your dogs with everything they need to do exactly that

But I do disagree that any dog can be a kennel dog. Mine would never make it. And some dogs are just way to attached to their people to be kennel dogs. We had a German shepherd when I was a kid that hated the county life and my Cody wouldn´t even sleep in a tent with me. She was insulted and took a beeline for the bed inside the house the next morning
Yeah, I think my two would be happy in insulated heated kennels if there were sofas in there, and four walls and windows.....umm and if they had a human to cuddle most of the time..lol.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >