Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Malka.xxx
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Chloe, Georgina and Sashicat hope Pereg feels better soon and well enough to eat some of her mummy's delicious food. Hugs to you too Malka.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Pereg decided to have a sleep with me after her 3pm Pb and has only now, at coming up to 5pm asked for her first meal - usually she asks for it any time between noon and 2pm.

I think we have gotten away with it with just 20mg oral Valium but who knows. Maybe yes, maybe no. And I had been so pleased that the balagan outside had not bothered her and then she just out of the blue had a Grand Mal seizure.

So we are back to Day zero again and I do not know if this will be a once off this time or there will be a second one in the next few hours.

I honestly do not know if I can continue coping with her now.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 02:19 PM

Try putting one had gently above her eyes then the other at the back of the head, close your eyes and think calm thoughts, it may help her. I thought the person was stupid when they suggested I did this to my husband but it worked.

Of course you can cope, you are just having a bad time at the moment, I found when I was looking after my husband that I would feel that I couldn't cope any more, I would go right down to the bottom then I would bounce back, sometimes we need to go down to recover, I started to call it my healing process.

You have us here to help you through this so have another

Malka
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Mattie, I learned a long time ago about ocular compression and if I can get to Pereg while she is in full seizure it does seem to help the seizure ease a bit slower. The problem is that I cannot always get to her quick enough for ocular compression to work.

It is not so much the Grand Mal seizures that are so distressing for both Pereg and I, but the hours and sometimes days of horrid post ictal behaviour. Her seizures usually happen at night or when she is dozing during the day but this GM appeared out of the blue while I was talking to someone on the phone.

She has been OK since then B"H but 20mg oral Valium is quite a lot for a dog her size. Better she be doped then dead though.

I knew, as I always know, what is the best to do for Pereg, but it is also so reassuring to be able to telephone Dr Ram and hear him tell me that yes, I am doing the right thing.

I just do not know how much longer I can cope and do the right thing for her.

I just love her so very much.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't mean when she is in a seizure but later to help calm her brain, hubby used to have them after he had a brain stem stroke and this helped his brain calm down.

I do understand you feeling you may not be able to cope much longer, having to care for a man who couldn't do anything for himself apart from use a spoon I did get to that stage but if I couldn't cope he would have gone into care which he didn't want. Our circumstances are different but our feelings are similar. Trying to cope when all I wanted to do was cry and give up but couldn't did cause me to have mini breakdowns, couldn't have a full one, what would have happened to my hubby if I did? I didn't even have anyone to talk to because my sons didn't want to know so had to bottle it all up which made it worse. This is why I will support as much as I can and I am sure the other members will as well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Hope you've both managed a bit of a sleep and things are becoming calmer.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I hope you are getting a wee bit of a rest now, Malka, and Pereg as well. It is heartbreaking to see them in, during and after fits! I remember when my Loki took 39 first in two days and I thought I couldn't cope but I did.

I do hope Pereg will be fit free for a long time after this one.

Hugs and good thoughts going to you.

xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Hoping you and Pereg have managed some rest.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2013, 05:07 PM
She is OK I think - had her first meal after a sleep this afternoon then we had another sleep and she had her chicken back bone meal.

She seems to have gotten over the post ictal phase quite easily this time but there is no guarantee that she will not do her usual and have another GM within the next few hours.

I mean she was fine - in spite of the balagan outside and Orli, our nurse, coming to give me my flu shot - Pereg was absolutely normal and I was on the phone to a friend and crash - Pereg went down.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »